Bay Area / Central Coast Spring Overnighter 2016 – May 21?

ecn

3 hours ago, ecn said:

These aren't the best roads for rain...probably best to wait a week if that happens...fingers crossed for now.

Following week is Memorial Day. Sad face.

Definitely want to do this ride - but all the mountain passes should be open by the first weekend of June...jussssayinnnn

• Member Contributer

Hope for the best...a sprinkle to keep the dust and crowds minimized and a view of a thunder storm sunset atop 3300 cliff overlooking Big Sur.

• Member Contributer

Coast ridge road is a bit rough for most street bikes. I have been ridden it from South to north five times in the last two years on my DRZ. On a clear day, you can see from the coast to the Sierras. The area you will be on is more traveled than the southern end, and I have seen two groups of BMW's and a few multistradas up there. Also see minivans from time to time. Last ride was mid April, and the first mile or so was fine dust, and then the next few miles to  Prewitt Ridge are marbley, but doable. 

Have fun, and enjoy the views!

20151212_135235.jpg

20151212_140552.jpg

20151212_151430.jpg

• Member Contributer

On hold till better weather...May 21, 2016 ... Anybody want to ride Santa Cruz mountains Sunday May 22?

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, ecn said:

Marbley? 

Hard packed dirt with marble sized rocks on top as a reminder to keep the speeds down...................

Archived