Bay Area / Central Coast Spring Overnighter 2016 – May 21?

ecn

• Member Contributer

On hold till better weather...May 21, 2016 ... I have a wet marbles phobia.  Anybody want to ride Santa Cruz mountains Sunday? May 22?

Wannabe dual sport owners can camp off the beaten path.  There is an eight mile stretch of dirt road at the end of day 1 ….

I think any sport bike with decent tread could make it without problem.

KSU 9am Sat May 21,

Peet's Los Gatos

798-1 Blossom Hill

(Kings Court Shopping Center)   

Day 1

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zqVkZQDS4i8o.kF7e5CvbEaxs

This is an unimproved camp ground…no water, no rest rooms, no poison oak.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/gallery/image/70684-20150201-141800/

Day 2

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zqVkZQDS4i8o.kZUZmAtRzj1k

Some may want to make it a one day and head back to Monterey after checking out Prewitt Ridge

ecn       

• Member Contributer

What is it with maps? Yours say "access denied" because they're in My Maps.

My guess is that I should have ticked the share button...google change faster than I can learn...please try now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Bingo, works now. And assuming this is any weekend but Memorial Day, I should be in.

Looks like May 16-17 is only candidate left. Note that a possible alternative option for day 2 may be to head north after NF and do the famous Run up to Lick and Mines Road to Livermore..... just another option.

• Member Contributer

Route looks great just wish you were a little closer. I have 3 day ride Memorial day to the N coast already so that is my big trip in May. Would like to explore more roads down your way sometime.

• Member Contributer

I hear you Rich...there is a lot of crummy traffic between here and there. No worries, if you do come to the area, let me know and I'll see if I can show you around without getting too lost. Have fun on the N Coast...that's a cool area for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Color me flexible Troy...

Pick a Saturday in June for a day 1 with return to Monterey enhancement. If the original dates gets moved, that will be first choice and/or we just do an Old Man Greg type repeat in June.

Color me flexible Troy...

Pick a Saturday in June for a day 1 with return to Monterey enhancement. If the original dates gets moved, that will be first choice and/or we just do an Old Man Greg type repeat in June.

June is looking reasonable for me at the moment, though I have some unconfirmed travel on my schedule. I'll keep an eye on this stuff for now.

• Member Contributer

changed to June (see 1st Posting). Do I need to start a new thread to change title?

changed to June (see 1st Posting). Do I need to start a new thread to change title?

No - just go to "edit" on the first post. Then hit "Use Full Editor" and you can change the title.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Please see 1st posting...I broke my bike and will not likely be able to repair before 6/20.

Please see 1st posting...I broke my bike and will not likely be able to repair before 6/20.

Well sheeeeeit...I'm going all mountain man for the next week (backpacking in the Sierras, so no internet) but am willing to put something together on short notice when I get back. TC/TJ/Crazybro hit me on a PM thread.

• 11 months later...
  • Member Contributer

These aren't the best roads for rain...probably best to wait a week if that happens...fingers crossed for now.

Archived