Official 12Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2015

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Pack and load day. Wife's at work leaving me all the work. Leaving at 0500 tomorrow and arrive around1900 tomorrow night at cabin. Cabin is off 28 - Cowee View Lane. Wife likes it already because it has a paved driveway ( don't ask :angry: ). Looking forward to getting there and seeing you all again or meeting for the first time. KanadianKen gave me a couple swag items to bring for Saturday nights festivities.

Sorry to hear about Terry - that's sh*&y - GWS

• Member Contributer

Last time round it was deer hurting Terry....

Once we know what happened,

I will endeavor to make another "suitable" picture to cheer Terry up...... :goofy:

attachicon.gifbad deer karma.jpg

OMG Dutchy!!!!! It's a deer, not a sheep!

Dang terry. That's some tough luck. Best wishes to you!

I will be inbound to Franklin tomorrow with 007. We should be there sometime around 5 probably.

-Ben

Switchblade, I was rooming with Terry and will keep the reservation. Just called Microtel. Will be up tomorrow afternoon and hope to get some pre-riding in on Tuesday. See you guys up there. Were you planning on riding Monday? I am only a little over an hour south of Franklin. Let me know and I will be up early on Monday. My hope is Terry gave my phone number to you.

MaxSwell (Terry) won't be attenting TMAC. He stopped in Iowa to put a rain cover on his tank bag. A gust of wind (or some other force) knocked his bike over. His foot got trapped and the bar end broke his foot. He is in cast and crutches compliments of the Waterloo Hospital.. He'll be coming home tomorrow via car. He's doing well.

That's all I know.

If it weren't for bad luck, He'd have no luck at all. Get well Terry!

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear, Terry.

Feel better.

• Member Contributer

Dedicated to Terry, since he coined my nick name last year at Tmac.

I'm on the floor laughting. That's great. Really bumb'd out that I won't be there to autograph it for you. Next year.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for all the empathy everyone. I am heart-broken as well as foot-broken. I was so looking forward to playing with y'all. Espeically my home buddy Trem. Sorry Todd.

It had started raining so I pulled into a paved drive-way (this was in a rural area). While dismounting, the sidestand did not get down in time. I think my boot slipped off the sidestand or a gust of wind hit me while my left foot was in the raised. The machine was quickly past the point I could hold it (hard bags). I have no idea how my foot was injured. No scuff marks on the side fairing to indicate I'd pulled my foot out from under it. And the scratches on my helmet were on the right side (no marks on the left), indicated I'd twisted on the way down. Maybe my foot was already trapped under something. Could only be the left grip-end. I did not feel anything at the moment. I was quickly back on my feet and started to unload the bags so I could right the bike. Some youngster stopped just in time and help right it. My foot was a little sore at that point; I remember wondering why the outside of my foot hurt. I rode on another 150 mi. and stopped to gas up. My foot had steadily gotten more painful. I found I could barely walk to the store entrance. I suspected a sprain; I did not want to think about a break. Luckly I was in Waterloo IA, home of my ex-wife (and still best friend) Pat so I knew where a hospital was. Checked into the ER and was diagnosed with broken fifth metatarsal; no immediate surgery needed.

Coincidentally, Pat was visiting her mom, so I had a ride home. Now I just have to retrieve the bike. I do have a trailer but a standard transmission car. I cannot put any weight on the foot For A Long Time (maybe months).

Rats! I was so pumped to ride.

I did see NO deer though. Ha.

Thanks again all; see you next year.

P.S. Do hoist a few for me and I'll do the same for y'all (love that word)

Terry

• Member Contributer

Terry, there was some good natured ribbing a little while back regarding you and a gust of wind, if I do recall, and I was SO, SO hoping it was a late April Fools prank payback on your part...

Sorry to hear it, get well soon!

• Member Contributer

MaxSwell (Terry) won't be attenting TMAC. He stopped in Iowa to put a rain cover on his tank bag. A gust of wind (or some other force) knocked his bike over. His foot got trapped and the bar end broke his foot. He is in cast and crutches compliments of the Waterloo Hospital.. He'll be coming home tomorrow via car. He's doing well.

That's all I know.

WTH?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks for all the empathy everyone. I am heart-broken as well as foot-broken.Checked into the ER and was diagnosed with broken fifth metatarsal; no immediate surgery needed.

Terry

Come on Terry, who can't ride with a few broken bones???

I rode before I could walk so come on down! :wink:

• Member Contributer

Switchblade, I was rooming with Terry and will keep the reservation. Just called Microtel. Will be up tomorrow afternoon and hope to get some pre-riding in on Tuesday. See you guys up there. Were you planning on riding Monday? I am only a little over an hour south of Franklin. Let me know and I will be up early on Monday. My hope is Terry gave my phone number to you.

10-4

Will be leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow! And headed to NC, should get there Wednesday evening. Very excited to participate in this event for the first time!

Will be leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow! And headed to NC, should get there Wednesday evening. Very excited to participate in this event for the first time!

Safe journey to all and c u there!

• Member Contributer

Ride safe!

• Member Contributer

the long arm of the law has noticed an arrival........................

11148637_658839410913856_452191850649475

Dang those Google Maps...you can't sneak anywhere these days.

Archived