Official 12Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2015

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

All, I have been talking with Warwoman and Bailyrock and volunteering my services to organize rider groups while at the event. A rider group board will be created and on display at the event.

I noticed last year that first timers, like me, weren't always sure who to ride with on the first couple days.

The veterans to the event have this all figured out and wont need this but their services as leads and sweeps will be appreciated. This all sorts out after the first couple days but when all the bikes are warming up and everyone wants to hit the roads people get a little anxious. We don't want anyone standing in the lot alone wondering what the hell just happened and where is my group.

Some riders needing a group can mix in with pre-existing groups so please give any info, adding a rider or two to a small group.

Please look for the thread asking a couple questions

Are you already, or willing to, lead a group?

What level is that group?

Are you a sweep, or willing to be a sweep, of a group?

What level?

A PM response would be best

Thanks!!

• Member Contributer

All, I have been talking with Warwoman and Bailyrock and volunteering my services to organize rider groups while at the event. A rider group board will be created and on display at the event.

A PM response would be best

Thanks!!

Thanks for doing this. I had planned to lead some slower groups this year, but it won't be happening (Sorry, Kevin!). No drama, I just got a rescue Jack Russell cross and I don't want to leave him in alternative care for a week quite yet. There's a small chance I'll make it, in which case I'll sweep as required.

I'll PM you the routes I used last year and some I thought of for this year, as soon as I dig them out.

Glenn

• Member Contributer

I might lead a group ride of sporting pace on Friday or Saturday. I can't promise a functional rear tire at that point, or a decent view from the back of my Euro Trash ride. Maybe I can ride sweep if there are too many protestors. If Kimball lets me borrow the NC for two up purposes, I might bring the VFR to one of these VFR rides.

I just signed up and I'll be bringing my far to pretty Eurotrash with me (assuming the dealership gets the super special cam chain tensioner shim in from Italy in time :mad: ).

I also might be bringing my fiance - yep that happened - she has an FZ6 and would be a deals gap first-timer in one of the slower groups.

• Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

I will be leaving Northern Kentucky (Villa HIlls) on Tuesday May 26 heading down to TexasMac. I will be going through Kentucky, taking I-64 through West VA over to the Northern entrance of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I am then taking the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way South to Cherokee, TN. I figure this will be a three-day trip to get to Franklin, NC. If anyone is up for a multi-day trip before actually getting to TexasMac, let me know. If you would like to meet somewhere along the route, let me know.

Bill, 859-466-2174

aks MisterBill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thought yall could use some inspiration before getting here, so here's some videos of some of the roads you'll see at TMAC. Sorry for the shaky cam, right fork had a blown seal which causes a shake at certain *very slow and legal* speeds (cause for the run to the gap in the first place).

• Member Contributer

Woo-Hoo!!!

Boss approved days off... check

Room booked at Microtel in Franklin... check

Registered for event... check

Going to TMAC... PRICELE$$!!!

BR... my apologies, an obvious operator error, but I couldn't figure out how to put my screen name on a PayPal note??? Screen name is on the EventBrite registration though if that helps...

• Member Contributer

In the initial post there is a link to the "PACE" that seems to be broken, can anyone help me find it?

How many Canadians from ontario are planning to attend? What route and how long will you be taking to get there?

• Member Contributer

I'll coming down the BRP on Weds to check into the Microtel on Wednesday night... anyone know how long it takes to ride from the end of BRP to TMAC Headquarters?

About 1 hr.

Entire parkway ride is approx 12 hrs with stops. Rode it last fall, my favorite part was from south of Roanoke VA I-77 to US23 "6hrs" where you can get off to head to Microtellin Franklin NC.

Ill be headed down the BR parkway from Asheville Wednesday afternoon as well, if i can time it right for you, all ride that last two hours with you.

• Member Contributer

Havent seen my motorcycles in three months and my truck is throwing check engine codes. Thanks for the reminder Seb!!! Ha.

Pretty sure mine needs tie rods. Hopefully not much more than that and a good cleaning. planning to bring 2 bikes, so I'll put some thought into how to avoid using a trailer.

It's doable. Not that I'd wana do it again though :wacko:

Ricetruckloadjob.jpg

I have access to a few trailers, but I would like to avoid the extra expenses if possible. Between the tolls and the extra gas... oh boy.

The only thing I have in my favor is both are not full size VFR's...

• Member Contributer

I'll coming down the BRP on Weds to check into the Microtel on Wednesday night... anyone know how long it takes to ride from the end of BRP to TMAC Headquarters?

About 1 hr.

Entire parkway ride is approx 12 hrs with stops. Rode it last fall, my favorite part was from south of Roanoke VA I-77 to US23 "6hrs" where you can get off to head to Microtellin Franklin NC.

Ill be headed down the BR parkway from Asheville Wednesday afternoon as well, if i can time it right for you, all ride that last two hours with you.

Sounds Good! My current plan is to camp Tuesday night at the Otter Creek camp ground around MM60 on the BRP... head South first thing in the morning Wednesday

• Member Contributer

I have access to a few trailers, but I would like to avoid the extra expenses if possible. Between the tolls and the extra gas... oh boy.

The only thing I have in my favor is both are not full size VFR's...

both

• Member Contributer

Haven't signed up yet but will be arriving on the 25th and leaving on the 5th. Cabin booked off 28 just outside Franklin. Got to bring the wife and dogs but hey she rides and they like the fresh air and no mosquito's.

• Member Contributer

Guess I'l have to shut er down, only 30 signed up so far! :unsure:

Blasphemy! Where is everybody?

• Member Contributer

BR, I reserved my room months ago, have tried to register on Eventbrite today, website unavailable. FYI

OK just purged a few hundred pages of BS as usual, nothing new. :491:

At least 10 more signed up in the day or so so we should be looking a 40 or so at the moment. :beer:

Is anyone wanting to split a room? :) I'll be riding up from Texas and will be showing up Friday most likely, MAYBE Thursday depending on work. I do snore, but it's light snore. Similar to a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.

• Member Contributer

Adding air to my tires.

Sorry BR. We need more BS.

Archived