Post A Picture Of Your Vfr

vfr

• Member Contributer

There are some nice Indian restaurants in Wales I reckon....... :-)

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Sargent seat which is WAY different from a Corbin seat.

my bike came with my corbin, I like the stock better this corbin is way to hard on my butt,

• Member Contributer

It's a Sargent seat which is WAY different from a Corbin seat.

my bike came with my corbin, I like the stock better this corbin is way to hard on my butt,

That is my picture/seat that you are talking about. I tried a Corbin on my ST1100, for about a week. It was heavy and didn't fit the bike or my anatomy very well. I ended up with a Travelcade Stealth that I absolutely loved! When I moved on to the VFR, I found that I hated the way the stock seat jammed me up against the tank. I like riding close to the tank, but this was too intimate. I immediately thought of the Travelcade, but found they didn't make one for the VFR. I refused to even look at the Corbin based on my past experience and the reviews here. The consensus was that the Sargent was a good choice. I like the Sargent. It is a big improvement over the OEM, but not as good as the Travelcade was on the ST. I did have to modify the cowl to get it to fit right. Was easy to do, but now it won't fit the OEM seat should I chose to go back.

Edit: Looks like Travelcade is now Saddleman. They have cover and foam kits for the 6th Gen VFR. Two different materials and a choice of sport or touring foam. http://www.saddlemen.com/honda/vf-vfr-series

• Member Contributer
Jumping on this bandwagon ...
At a LSR event ...

And heading home ...

She's my 'do it all' gal :happy: ...

ACE

LSR being Land Speed Racing, I assume. TM = Texas Mile? How did your runs turn out?

• Member Contributer

First and last ride of Winter 2014... 12/26/2014, Indian Creek, Washington County, MO outside of Richwood.

she was not happy off roading it in the river rocks, a little squirrelly... Angel GTs don't shine here!

gallery_19432_5583_732840.jpg

gallery_19432_5583_3187315.jpg

Ooh, ooh, I have one of these too :biggrin: ...

aebike01.jpg

Sadly, she's sitting in my shed waiting for me to pay attention to the carbs and put her back together ...

ACE

Jumping on this bandwagon ...
At a LSR event ...

And heading home ...

She's my 'do it all' gal :happy: ...

ACE

LSR being Land Speed Racing, I assume. TM = Texas Mile? How did your runs turn out?

Yep, Beeville TX event. My final run (I only got 4 in) was an official 145.4 from standing start thru mile trap ... she was approaching 150 near the 1st brake markers and I let off, could have held out longer & still have braking space, but this was my 1st experience with any LSR type event so I was playing things safe ... of course, any top speed past the mark would not have been 'official', would have been just for me ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

Yep, Beeville TX event. My final run (I only got 4 in) was an official 145.4 from standing start thru mile trap ... she was approaching 150 near the 1st brake markers and I let off, could have held out longer & still have braking space, but this was my 1st experience with any LSR type event so I was playing things safe ... of course, any top speed past the mark would not have been 'official', would have been just for me ...

ACE

What gear at the end of the run? 5th or 6th?

Sport mode

attachicon.gif2.jpg

and touring mode

attachicon.gif4.jpg

I can't believe people haven't pounced on these pictures. Where did you get those mirror mounts? You bike looks gorgeous by the way!

Thanks man, i love my bike which by the way i have since the summer of 2001.....
As for the mounts, it's custom hand-made, in a workshop here in my hometown,
after i saw a post somewhere in this site some years ago.....
here is a close-up
post-29020-0-86613300-1421958385.jpg
sorry if this is off topic

• Member Contributer

Packed and about to leave for a short (six days) and long (riding from BC, down to Washington, across WA to Idaho, down Montana, into Wyoming, down to Utah, up to Nevada, up Oregon, up Washington and back to BC) trip with VFRD friends in 2009.
P1020416.jpg

ACE

What gear at the end of the run? 5th or 6th?

6th, here ya go:

My apologies to those who may have seen this already, don't mean to bore ya :laugh: ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

Sport mode

attachicon.gif2.jpg

and touring mode

attachicon.gif4.jpg

I can't believe people haven't pounced on these pictures. Where did you get those mirror mounts? You bike looks gorgeous by the way!

Thanks man, i love my bike which by the way i have since the summer of 2001.....
As for the mounts, it's custom hand-made, in a workshop here in my hometown,
after i saw a post somewhere in this site some years ago.....
here is a close-up
sorry if this is off topic

I agree.... LOVE the color and set-up!!!

Beautiful bike!

Archived