No Sparks In Ignition Coil

alirezaezani

Hello every one

sorry for my poor english :unsure:

I bought a vfr750f 1987 3 month ago,it was dissassmbled and the engine was off for about a year.no spark unit no ometers

then I bought the spark unit from ebay and installed the wiring.

ignition switch,clutch switch and nutral indicator works the the engine starts but it wont spark :wacko:

how can I make this engine run

I want to use in on a buggy

post-31000-0-83096500-1418462860.jpg

post-31000-0-67307000-1418463008.jpg

post-31000-0-45279600-1418463029.jpg

• Member Contributer

khosh amadid to VFRD!

In the download section you will find the workshop manual for your bike

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/files/file/156-vfr-86-service-workshop-manual-in-eng-deu-fra-esp/

The rc24 model does not have a stand switch. It has a neutral switch and a switch on the clutch mastercilinder. Starting is possible with the gearbox in neutral, or the clutch revoked. You need the right ingnition box. There is a difference between the 86-87 model and the 88-89 model. A ignition box from a 88-89 model will not work on the 86-87 model.

You can bypass the clutch switch, by connecting the greenred and green wire wich normally are conncted to the clutch switch.

Succes.

And we like pics from the buggy, because a VFR engine is a very good choice, for a fast buggy.

• 3 months later...

The rc24 model does not have a stand switch. It has a neutral switch and a switch on the clutch mastercilinder. Starting is possible with the gearbox in neutral, or the clutch revoked. You need the right ingnition box. There is a difference between the 86-87 model and the 88-89 model. A ignition box from a 88-89 model will not work on the 86-87 model.

You can bypass the clutch switch, by connecting the greenred and green wire wich normally are conncted to the clutch switch.

Succes.

And we like pics from the buggy, because a VFR engine is a very good choice, for a fast buggy.

Let me make a few corrections on your response.

The 88-89 RC24's DO use a side stand switch, but the 86-87 do not.

The clutch and neutral switch are not wired to the ignition box on the 86 and 87 model bikes. They are wired into the starter circuit. (the clutch and neutral switch are wired to the ignition box on the 88 and 89 model bike)

The 86 bike uses an analog ignition system and is unique to that year. The 87-89 bikes use a digital system and are very similar in function. Without doing any rewiring, the 87 ignition box will only fit the 87 bike. The 88-89 boxes interchange between those 2 bikes.

You appear to have a proper 87 ignition box in the picture.

Here is an 87 wiring diagram.

87%20VR750%20US%20version%20c_zps7czwt54

Let me know if you need help troubleshooting the ignition system.

Jason

• Member Contributer

Ali has set "last active" to "private" so we donot know if he has read the above.

If you do Ali, let us know how you are getting on. :cool:

• 1 year later...
On ۱۳۹۳/۹/۲۱ ه‍.ش. at 7:42 PM, Dutchy said:

khosh amadid to VFRD!

In the download section you will find the workshop manual for your bike

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/files/file/156-vfr-86-service-workshop-manual-in-eng-deu-fra-esp/ 

merc duste aziz

shoma dar iran saken hastid?

the url file does not include any files

On ۱۳۹۳/۹/۲۲ ه‍.ش. at 11:05 PM, VFRBert said:

You can bypass the clutch switch, by connecting the greenred and green wire wich normally are  conncted to the clutch switch.

Succes.

I posted some pictures of my buggy for you my friend

A

and here is my site :

+

+

----------------------- http://www.aebuggy.com ---------------------------------------------------------

+

+

IMG_9529.JPG

IMG_9554.JPG

On ۱۳۹۴/۱/۱۰ ه‍.ش. at 10:50 PM, JasonWW said:

You can bypass the clutch switch, by connecting the greenred and green wire wich normally are  conncted to the clutch switch.

Succes.

The clutch and neutral switch are not wired to the ignition box on the 86 and 87 model bikes. They are wired into the starter circuit. (the clutch and neutral switch are wired to the ignition box on the 88 and 89 model bike)

The 86 bike uses an analog ignition system and is unique to that year. The 87-89 bikes use a digital system and are very similar in function. Without doing any rewiring, the 87 ignition box will only fit the 87 bike. The 88-89 boxes interchange between those 2 bikes.

Here is an 87 wiring diagram.

Jason

yes my friend

the clutch connects to start system, and it ok,I made the starts go and it does really well,the nutral light indicator turns on,means the clutch and start system are ok

the problem is from somewhere else

I reacently found that there is a conection between cam shaft sencor and spark unit,in picture you can see

the black plug with two wires are from cam shaft

red plugs conect to spark unit and black plugs must connect to somthing else that I dont know what it is

IMG-1418741491708-V.jpg

IMG-1418741515554-V.jpg

IMG-1418741537075-V.jpg

On ۱۳۹۴/۱/۱۰ ه‍.ش. at 10:50 PM, JasonWW said:

Succes.

Here is an 87 wiring diagram.

Jason

the link is not right my frind

not clickable

7 hours ago, alirezaezani said:

merc duste aziz

shoma dar iran saken hastid?

the url file does not include any files

If you have a camshaft sensor, you have a FG model engine and need the sparkbox from that engine to get things running properly

VFRD  had a server crash and complete new forum software, so files are missing at this moment.

https://db.tt/rWgUUj6p

Use this link to get a copy of the workshop manual on my dropbox chapter 21 has the wiring diagram.

• 1 year later...

Very interresting project! And nice buggy.

I found this site as I was searching for wiring diagram for 87 vfr. Long story short, I have an 87 VFR, and wanted to have the fairing, instruments and so from an 86 Interceptor. We discovered we´d have to change the wiring to make handlebars and instrument fitting. So we did, and the 86 is running fine. But I haven´t been able to start the 87. The wiring harness look same, but (now) I know there is difference with pick-ups and so. The bike - 87 with 86 wiring - has no spark, and fuel pump is not working. Unfortunately I am NOT expert on electrical systems, and I'll have some help. BUT if someone has an easy solution, it would help.

Archived