Could You Do This On Your 5Th Gen?

kyojitsu

Given enough practice and some bar-risers like his and I reckon I could.

That's obviously on well laid, well taken care of asphalt with excellent grip.

It is definitely not like Spanish streets: oily/greasy, worn smooth, pothole ridden, anything but safe!!

So my statement is subject to being on that very same surface with that very same bike!!

We used to do a similar (although much shorter) test as part of getting our bike licences in Spain. I practiced for weeks, day in day out. On a Yamaha Special 250 chopper style piece of proverbial, seated on the pillion part of the seat cause my 195 cm in height mean I didn't fit.

:goofy:

But it is lovely to watch!!

Sure enuf ...the first thing that crossed my mind was the rider position/wide and high bars...and the crash bars too. But then again the guys like Kiyonari in BSB seem to drift in the wet hunched over their scoots like a dog humpin a football ... the formula is Big Cojones + Mucho Practice + having a sponsorship to replace whatever gets busted on crashes = slick riding. IMHO.

• Member Contributer

Watching other similar videos, those guys go down a lot before getting to that level. If the average rider did that their plastic would be totaled. I would have to have a beater (and maybe track) bike that I could put bars on / take off to try that. Japanese LEO's definitely set the standard as to what's possible.

• Member Contributer

There's a group out in here in So. Cal that host these Gymkana events, haven't gone to one yet, but would love to give it a go, just not with any of my full fairing bikes! I always wanted a Honda Hawk, think this would be a good bike to try it on.

• Member Contributer

Fascinating to watch the head, and upper body positioning as he navigates the different sections. Also very telling how much traction is actually available in the wet.

Archived