Texasmac 2015. May 28Th - 31St

Okay folks here we go. The 2015 Texas Mac event is Memorial week May 28th - 31st at the Franklin Microtel. Get your room booked early. These are the new dates as the previous weekend was already half booked!
BR

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Kevin, I've been really looking to attend this for the last few years. Is it best to arrive earlier in the week? Anyone who's headed down from Ontario comments would be welcomed on how much time to plan, etc. I'd be riding down. This year I think I could swing a week! (If there is an FAQ then steer me there and I'll be sure to review)

Thanks

Dave.

Arrive early. You'll need at least four days in the area to get your fill. More than that and you won't be able to ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, booked and booked! Can't wait. TMac count down begins.....189 days and counting.

dgordon, there were quite a few people down early in the week last year (me amongst them). I trailered down through Bufalo, down I-77 through Pitsburgh and WV (not as fast as Detroit and I-75). Past Pitsburgh the highways got relatively interesting. The roads around NC/TN have ruined me for riding superslab so am driving down again. I found last years threads very good reading for TMac info.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Power, thank you. I will go through the threads. For me, I don't have the option of trailering. I'm okay with the slab. However may not be after if I can do this. LOL. I'd love to meet all of the people I feel I've grown to know over the years, through this board. Also, the idea of seeing so many VFR's, and their owners is overwhelming to me. Uber cool.

Dave.

Anyone who's headed down from Ontario comments would be welcomed

Thanks

Dave.

There are so many that the Tennessee cops are still baffled as to what state is "ONT"

Here we have an Ontarian:

Dave (dgordan) -- As great as the riding is, hanging with our fellow VFRD members is just as much of a blast. It's a terrific group of people to ride and hang out with for a few days. I would encourage you to get down earlier in the week, or at least start heading south early in the week and hit some nice twisty 2-lanes through W. Virginia and Virginia on your way down to N. Carolina.

If you have to, you can slab it back to make time, but try to enjoy the trip down and don't feel rushed. That's probably a better option than hitting the twisties on the way back north, as you'll likely be pretty tired if you're not used to these kinds of roads. Also, hitting some challenging roads on the way south helps freshen up your riding skills before you hit the really demanding stuff down there.

Archived