Tyga Racing Vfr800 Rear Sets - Anyone Interested?

Rush2112

Question

• Member Contributer

We have been in contact with Tyga Racing regarding the manufacture of performance headers for VFR800s. During these discussions a request for rear sets was made by Voided76 and Tyga responded with the following:

"[We] think the idea of rear sets is a good one... In general, making rear sets in the same family as the existing ones we make will be a simple and quick development. If the 6th generation can be made and sell well, we will certainly look for the 5th generation as the next type to make. It will also be a good indicator of interest and likely sales of the exhaust system. If in the meantime you can let me know on any other criteria such as position or adjustability, if our carbon heel guards to your guys tastes etc, it will all help make the project a success."

Link to Tyga Rear Sets below:

http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=71_24_507

I would like to gauge the level of interest in these parts. How about a straw poll on who's potentially interested in Tyga rear sets? The current price range on Tyga website for "step kits" (rear sets) is $155 - $251 USD. I believe the 5th gen rear sets, if made, would be more expensive due to the complexities.

Quote this post and add your name if you are interested..

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4
  3. adeyren

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

We have been in contact with Tyga Racing regarding the manufacture of performance headers for VFR800s. During these discussions a request for rear sets was made by Voided76 and Tyga responded with the following:

"[We] think the idea of rear sets is a good one... In general, making rear sets in the same family as the existing ones we make will be a simple and quick development. If the 6th generation can be made and sell well, we will certainly look for the 5th generation as the next type to make. It will also be a good indicator of interest and likely sales of the exhaust system. If in the meantime you can let me know on any other criteria such as position or adjustability, if our carbon heel guards to your guys tastes etc, it will all help make the project a success."

I would like to gauge the level of interest in these parts. How about a straw poll on who's potentially interested in Tyga rear sets? The current price range on Tyga website for "step kits" (rear sets) is $155 - $251 USD. I believe the 5th gen rear sets, if made, would be more expensive due to the complexities.

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4
  3. deltaboxii

I have a set of the Tyga rear sets on my old Hawk GT. they are luuuurvely. If they offer a set of rear sets for the 5th gen, I am def interested.

Exhaust? What kind of exhaust are they talking about? (undertail please!!!)

• Member Contributer

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?
  4. CornerCarver x 4

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4

Range of adjustability for the 6 rearsets should be from stock location to up and back within the scope and scale as comparable items for CBR series rearsets.

@delta the exhaust they are talking about is catless header with stock exit location made to emulate the rare TBR system no longer in production. Look up the header thread. Group buy sign up list is inside that.

• Member Contributer

Exhaust? What kind of exhaust are they talking about? (undertail please!!!)

Link for Performance Header thread...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/78592-potential-re-release-of-two-brothers-racing-vfr800-headers/page-49

And if we're really lucky, they'll offer an RC45 exit/exhaust path header too. but that's for those 5/8th gen boys.

GODDAMN an 8th gen would look/sound unbelievably good with an RC45 header/short can.

• Member Contributer

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?
  4. CornerCarver x 4

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4
  3. deltaboxii
  4. Checksix

• Member Contributer

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?
  4. CornerCarver x 4
  5. MVinOZ

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4
  3. deltaboxii
  4. Checksix

• Member Contributer

You can add me to the 5th gen list too. Let the farkling begin.

Post #1...

...Quote this post and add your name if you are interested..

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?
  4. CornerCarver x 4
  5. MVinOZ

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4
  3. deltaboxii
  4. Checksix
  5. MBrane

• Member Contributer

You can add me to the 5th gen list too. Let the farkling begin.

Post #1...

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?
  4. CornerCarver x 4
  5. MVinOZ
  6. Egg on Leggs

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4
  3. deltaboxii
  4. Checksix
  5. MBrane

• Member Contributer

But 5th-gen rearsets would be nothing like 6th-gen rearsets. Tyga's rationale seems to be based on the idea that they are similar... :mad:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

But 5th-gen rearsets would be nothing like 6th-gen rearsets. Tyga's rationale seems to be based on the idea that they are similar... :mad:

Ciao,

Nope... they are aware of the differences and that the 5th gens will be more difficult to fabricate. Making the 6th gens are easy because they are similar to the family of rear sets they currently make. If the response (sales) of the 6th gen rear sets indicate that there is a market to support manufacturing these then Tyga will consider making them for the 5th gen. If the response to the 6th gen is lackluster then they have an indicator that the VFR800 community may not be able to give them the Return On Investment (ROI) that they need to put the effort into developing and making the 5th gen rear sets.

If you read between the lines in Tyga's response I posted they are also looking at the sales of the rear sets to gauge the interest and potential for sales of the performance exhaust headers. I assured them we had 20 headers ready to be purchased. It makes sense that they want to understand the potential of the VFR800 market. They are a company and they have to allocate their resources where they will generate revenue.

• Member Contributer

Did anyone post up over at VFRWorld? Most of us have an account on both forums, why not make it known over there too, who knows might get a bunch of takers. On that note, I may be shifting (no pun intended) over to 6 Gen rear sets for my 5 Gen. After looking into doing the conversion, it would appear to be a relatively inexpensive process, if I find the right deals. Might wait and see what the outcome of the 5 Gen cost and/or production possibility will be before I commit one way or the other.

• Member Contributer

I'm in for the exhaust header, might as well be in for the rear sets as well

Post #1...

6th Gen Rear sets:

1. Voided76
  2. Rush2112
  3. Duc2V4 ?
  4. CornerCarver x 4
  5. MVinOZ
  6. Egg on Leggs
  7. jim v

5th Gen Rear Sets:

1. Rush2112
  2. Duc2V4
  3. deltaboxii
  4. Checksix
  5. MBrane

I'm in for the exhaust header, might as well be in for the rear sets as well

Post #1...

6th Gen Rear sets:

• Voided76
  • Rush2112
  • Duc2V4 ?
  • CornerCarver x 4
  • MVinOZ
  • Egg on Leggs
  • jim v

5th Gen Rear Sets:

• Rush2112
  • Duc2V4
  • deltaboxii
  • Checksix
  • MBrane

• timmythecop

• Member Contributer

Im in for an exhaust but they better make up their mind fast...I am anxious to get my project 5th gen going!

• Member Contributer

Whoops, didn't follow the rules.

Post #1...

6th Gen Rear sets:

• Voided76
  • Rush2112
  • Duc2V4 ?
  • CornerCarver x 4
  • MVinOZ
  • Egg on Leggs
  • jim v

5th Gen Rear Sets:
  • Rush2112
  • Duc2V4
  • deltaboxii
  • Checksix
  • MBrane

• timmythecop

• Member Contributer

This is all I'm gonna say, with 20 buyers they ain't gonna fab it up, Seb will.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/72039-5th-gen-adjustable-rearsets/?hl=%20sebspeed%20%20harris

As much as I like Tyga, I would rather give my $$$ to Seb anyways. So if Tyga says no...hopefully Seb says YES!

• Member Contributer

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/72039-5th-gen-adjustable-rearsets/?hl=%20sebspeed%20%20harris

???

They are going to make the 6th gens... Seb does amazing work but he never made the 5th gen rear sets.

• Member Contributer

???

They are going to make the 6th gens... Seb does amazing work but he never made the 5th gen rear sets.

He didn't get a long enough list of committed buyers.

Archived