5Th Gen Windscreen Extended Extension

AnikMankar

• Member Contributer

hi guys

Currently running the MRATouring screen VFR. Love flap extension. The issues is after adding helibars and making my sitting position more upright, the extensions seems short and lots of turbulence.

Looking for a taller extension about 6 high. MRA generic extension screen are available but then they DONT bolt on directly onto the existing hole.

any ideas - unless i end up fabricating one from scratch.

Ride safe !!!

• Member Contributer

IME the taller screens create more buffeting. That said I have a ZG ST screen I use on the 98 during the colder months, and it's about on par with the stock screen in turbulence with better protection.

The 4th gen I bought recently had a Laminar Lip on it, and it sucks almost as bad as the ZG double bubble that was on my 98 when I bought it. I cut the ZGDB down even with the bodywork, and it's a great summer screen.

FYI I am 6', and evenly proportioned.

• Member Contributer

I have the same MRA screen and found there is.more turbulence with the spoiler the the highest position.

I usually run mine in about the middle of the adjustment range for best results.

I'm 5'9 and run with a handlebar conversion.

post-13146-0-70508600-1415331580.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have the same MRA screen and found there is.more turbulence with the spoiler the the highest position.

I usually run mine in about the middle of the adjustment range for best results.

I'm 5'9 and run with a handlebar conversion.

looks like we are running the same combination besides my height - about 5.6

I have helibars but moved it up further by 20mm and front is dropped further by 10 mm.

Archived