Shark Speed R

Africord

• Member Contributer

Just got my new Shark Speed R in the "Duke" Black/White/Anthracite and I'm pretty happy with it. The cheek pads are tighter than my old Shark RSR2, but I don't feel anything moving around. The sunvisor clears my glasses and the noise level is about the same, so i still need to wear ear plugs. I also don't have any buffeting at highway speeds. This should keep me going for another 4 or 5 years.

Here's the video review from Revzilla.

I have a Shark RSR2 Furtif right now - and its in need of replacing. Curious - does the Shark SPeed R fit the same as your RSR2 did?

Is it a better helmet in your opinion?

• Member Contributer

It fits a little tighter, but its also brand new. The shell shape is pretty close, but the cheek pads are much larger on the Speed R. I think its 70 grams heavier, but I don't notice it.

I just discovered this morning that it fogs more easily in cool weather (40F/3C), I had the larger breath guard fitted to my RSR2. I'm going to see if I can transfer it to the Speed. Its not cool when your visor and glasses fog over.

Is it a better helmet? Maybe, I sure like the sun visor. It's at least just as good.

Archived