8Th Gen Tail Tidy

budorat

The second production run is ready to send! If you've previously provided me with your email address and shipping details, look for an email in your inbox with payment details. If you'd like to order one, PM me now.

Cheers - Cam

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/06/2016 at 10:53 AM, NZCam said:

The second production run is ready to send! If you've previously provided me with your email address and shipping details, look for an email in your inbox with payment details. If you'd like to order one, PM me now.

Cheers - Cam

PayPal invoices have been sent to everyone that I have a delivery address for. If you haven't received yours, check which email address you provided, and make sure it didn't end up in the junk filter. If you haven't given me a delivery address and are still interested, or if you'd like to be included in this production run, please drop me a message at nz.cam@hotmail.com

Cheers - Cam

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2016 at 11:47 PM, NZCam said:

Bastards. Okay, memo to self; in future I'll mark the UK ones as being cheaper than the selling price. But yeah, neither Carlos nor the 2 other UK recipients on VFRW were charged additional customs tax at point-of-entry. This is why I'm anti-government interference in everything. Expecting consistency, quality of service, or sometimes even justice, is simply beyond a State entity with no skin in the game and no motivation to be accountable.

Hi Cam, just so you know I'm not talking bollox and for your future deliveries to UK...

2 hours ago, fatshoutybloke said:

Hi Cam, just so you know I'm not talking bollox and for your future deliveries to UK...

Might I suggest you delete the attachment for confidentiality reasons? ;-)  All good, I never doubted you. Based on your advice, I've purposely 'adjusted' the customs value declaration so as not to attract import tariffs, so hopefully no one else gets stung by it.

Mine arrived here in the U.S. a couple days ago...everything looks to be in good shape. Will put it on this weekend and post some pics.

Thanks Cam!!

10 hours ago, NZCam said:

Might I suggest you delete the attachment for confidentiality reasons? ;-)  All good, I never doubted you. Based on your advice, I've purposely 'adjusted' the customs value declaration so as not to attract import tariffs, so hopefully no one else gets stung by it.

Done, just wanted you to have the info.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: The 2nd Production Run has sold out, and feedback from the both runs has been universally positive.

If you're keen to be a part of a possible future third production run, please add your name to the list, and also send me a private inbox message with your email address (so that I can reach out to you if/when we reach the minimum viable order size of 12 units). Payment (AUD $70 + postage) will only be asked for once articles from a third run are ready to be sent.

• 3 months later...
On 10/11/2016 at 10:56 PM, NZCam said:

Update: The 2nd Production Run has sold out, and feedback from the both runs has been universally positive.

If you're keen to be a part of a possible future third production run, please add your name to the list, and also send me a private inbox message with your email address (so that I can reach out to you if/when we reach the minimum viable order size of 12 units). Payment (AUD $70 + postage) will only be asked for once articles from a third run are ready to be sent.

Interested: (4 so far - as of January 24, 2017)

• Brent (CA)
  • David (Swe)
  • Eric
  • PeterMI (USA)

Hi NZCam,

I am interested as well, please add me to the list.  I will send a PM as well.

Thanks,

Corrugated

On 10/11/2016 at 10:56 PM, NZCam said:

Interested: (6 so far - as of February 13, 2017)

• Brent (CA)
  • David (Swe)
  • Eric
  • PeterMI (USA)
  • Corrugated (Can)
  • SubjectArc

Hi NZCam,

I am interested in one as well.  Will send PM.

Roger

On 18/02/2017 at 9:21 AM, bighawk said:

How much shipped to Los Angeles?

According to the AustraliaPost website, the current shipping cost to the US & Canada is AUD $15.85, so still the same as last year - but from past experience, AusPost's prices seem to go up at the end of March each year for reasons unknown (Australian FY is Jul.1 to Jun.30). The second production run articles were sold at AUD $70 ea, but that may be subject to change for a third run if the laser-cutting folks, or adhesive reflector suppliers have increased their prices since then.

Someone asked for photos of fitted examples. See below (with thanks to their respective owners, License plates censored just in case)

USA:

2m1WVr1.jpg

XxFYS9Q.jpg

MSg5yRB.jpg

UK:

UA0IixA.jpg

Australia (Mk.2 Prototype with extra tab):

3mkxZ8C.jpg

PyRfZux.jpg

France:

jyzMfwG.jpg

I'd love to throw up some examples of Swedish and Canadian plates too, if anyone from those countries would like to post?

• Member Contributer

Great stuff here. Looks great. I have one question. My present bike has a tidy tail modification. When I ride it in the rain which I am not averse to doing, it sprays my lower back and causes puddling on my seat. The 8th gen is my very possible next bike. It looks as though there is enough of the rear fender preserved to keep the spray down even with the tidy tail. Any information on how it performs in the rain would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, VFR Capt.Bob said:

Great stuff here. Looks great. I have one question. My present bike has a tidy tail modification. When I ride it in the rain which I am not averse to doing, it sprays my lower back and causes puddling on my seat. The 8th gen is my very possible next bike. It looks as though there is enough of the rear fender preserved to keep the spray down even with the tidy tail. Any information on how it performs in the rain would be appreciated. 

I ride year-round, and have never had a problem with spray;- as you correctly observe, the length of the tail prevents any rooster-tailing above about 30-degrees from horizontal.

Archived