Front Fairing Removal

marvinb2

Ok... I've been trying to remove my front fairing and I'm having a devil of a time trying to get this thing off. I have removed all the trim clips, mirrors and windshield. I watched a YouTube video on how to do it. I'm trying to remove the center dash, that is supposed to be held by grommets. I've applied serious pressure on it but I'm afraid it may break.

What am I doing wrong? This is frustrating!

VFR Front Fairing Removal & HID Install: http://youtu.be/otZQid8qLIs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Pulling it towards you as if you were sat on the bike is a little scary as it requires quite a pull. The 2 stubs are located at the bottom of the dash at the back of the Panel. You could try locating them visually and giving them a squirt with WD40 (or US equivalent) to ease them out. As long as the pull is towards you with your fingers near the stubs and puts no sideways pressure on the panel then it shouldn't break.

HTH

• Member Contributer

make sure you cannot put the rest of the bike off the centre stand by placing a foot (or a block) in front of the front tyre.....

Here's some pics of where I'm at right now :

na2ydame.jpg

udu7a5ab.jpg

eme6ebes.jpg

yry6a7e2.jpg

Do i need to remove the side panels shown in the last 2 pics? I can't see where they're connected but they are on pretty tight.

• Member Contributer

I don't know if they need to come off first but they are a very tight fit and you have to twist the panel to get it off.....seems like yr about to break it but it is very flexible.

That will leave the console which has the 2 tabs along the bottom which reside in a rubber housing and you need to put your fingers around them when you pull it off to stop it from flexing too much.

HTH

• Member Contributer

Success, it's off! Once I got the side panels off I could see the grommets and 10mm nuts. Thanks for the help and great info.

You found it good. I was writing as you responded .

Archived