Sum Sum <3.0 Teaser Thread

didit

• Member Contributer

Timmy, check your family tree ... you might have some Canadian ancestors. Based on your postings here: You like beer, you get along with Europeans, you occasionally express concern over the amount of gun violence in the U.S. ... and there's more French in your video than Didit's. :warranty:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Started collecting clips a few years ago, just for such an occasion.

Please, enjoy these gratuitous additions. I promise, these are the last of the 'Timmythecop' knock offs.

The Mashup Trailer

http://youtu.be/5UMQLm5GddI

The Blooper Reel

http://youtu.be/5qcQprcBl4Y

Dates are confirmed: Tuesday - Friday, Aug. 11th - 14th, 2015.

This allows for weekend travel on pre and post event.

There will be plenty of details coming yet, on registration, great things & rides to see & do in the area, etc.

Mes excuses pour ne pas fournir l'ensemble de la sélection en français

So it's Colorado we can put Utah speculation and weak microbrew choices to bed. So I'm thinking Durango, Ouray or Telluride. Durango has more Lodging options and access to four states for route choices.

• Member Contributer

I'd love to hook up with you on your way across the unknown territory between the east coast and the Rocky Mountains. And Kansas IS to be feared. Esp. into a 30 mph headwind in thirty degree weather with a snow storm one day a head of you and another one day behind you. There are NO trees in Kansas. Few places to hide if you'd like to stop and warm up. I expect in summer it is like riding through the suburbs of hell.

Still, I Can't Wait.

P.S. Perhaps I can even convince you to upgrade your taste for the fruit-of-the-vine. Fine Wine will give you a more sophisticated drunk. IMHO

• Member Contributer

Crap. That's too early in the month for me to ask off.

Dang! There goes opportunity for accompaniment by the best wingman on earth. So how about Hog Tie? Middle of the month, < 700 mi. one way, cheap lodging, a campfire in the center of an ex-swimming pool. And fabulous Ozark roads for exercizing the edges of your tires. Oh Yeah. I forgot about Hockey Season. You are such a good dad.

Perhaps another T-Mac attempt for May of 2015? No deer allowed this time! :wheel: :3:

Kansas IS to be feared. Esp. into a 30 mph headwind in thirty degree weather with a snow storm one day a head of you and another one day behind you. There are NO trees in Kansas. Few places to hide if you'd like to stop and warm up. I expect in summer it is like riding through the suburbs of hell.

You're really helping my property value, MaxSwell.

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

In Kansas' defence, it does have some pretty good freeway cloverleafs.

Looking forward to comparing tee shirts next summer Lee2002.

I have an extra N&P shirt I'd bring just for you but wouldn't fit. ;) :idea3:

• Member Contributer

So it's Colorado we can put Utah speculation and weak microbrew choices to bed. So I'm thinking Durango, Ouray or Telluride. Durango has more Lodging options and access to four states for route choices.

Telluride and Ouray would cost you an arm and a leg to lodge in. Even Mountain Village outside of Telluride is expensive. From Ouray you can only go north or south on 550 and Telluride is pretty much the same thing on 145. Of course both offer spectacular scenery for pre/post rides so that would be a toss up.

Durango does have more lodging options but has become a traffic nightmare. They have built multilane highways all over the place and ruined what was once a nice scenic town but putting that aside the ride west is pretty boring through Cortez, the ride south is loaded with slow moving traffic, the ride east the same, which leaves you with north being the only acceptable option and even then it is pretty cluttered.

Montrose is centrally located and compared to Durango would be a better choice but just throwing a suggestion into the hat I would pick Salida. A nice small town feel, plenty of lodging options, and pretty centrally located to lots of nice riding routes. Pretty scenic too and still affordable enough to allow for extra beer/tire funds. Of course, I am sure Didit already has a plan though so I am sure those who attend will enjoy the venue regardless of location. :fing02:

In Kansas' defence, it does have some pretty good freeway cloverleafs.

Looking forward to comparing tee shirts next summer Lee2002.

I have an extra N&P shirt I'd bring just for you but wouldn't fit. ;) :idea3:

We've got lots of great roundabouts too, so we get to practice turning left also.

I just received a replacement "Cars Suck" and a new "When in doubt, RIDE" in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately you are correct, I would not fit. I've never really thought "N&P" was right for me.... but I almost ordered "Where there is sin..." I'm also due for a new Rollie Free.

• Member Contributer

IIRC from 2012, there was some connection that got us a hotel deal through Best Western. The hotel we were at in Montrose is no long affiliated with B.W. If the Best Western connection holds, that would leave towns near the Western end of CO with B.W.'s Durango, Cortez and Grand Junction. Obviously more are further east - so it could be anywhere. I'm going to guess Durango.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hopefully this won't cause issues, but due to hotel booking conflicts, we'd need to move ahead 1 week - Aug. 18th - 21st (Tues - Fri).

Basically, arrivals on Tuesday - Wed & Thurs ride days - Friday depatures

If anyone has any comments on this, now is the time as I'll be confirming the location, hotel and blocking rooms.

Trying for an early bird deal on rooms, plus will extend this to registrations (once reg. page is setup).

• Member Contributer

Was hoping it would be the week earlier as my birthday is the 14th but it still works. I will just wait to celebrate my birthday until the following week with the VFRD group. Crown Royal is my preference by the way. :goofy:

Archived