Anyone Going To Indy For Motogp?

I'll be there. I would like to meet some of my fellow VFRD'ers. I've been every year and always intend to meet up with some of you guys but it just hasn't worked out yet. I would really like to make it happen this year.

• Member Contributer

I want to... can't commit yet. It would be a ride over for me. Anyone one from STL going?

I'm going up on Saturday night, I too have been every year but have failed to meet other VFRD guys. We like to wander around to various corners throughout the day, and then go to our seats for the GP race.

Where do you guys normally hang out?

Friday I normally go through the vendors and watch some of the practices from the inside of the track. Saturday I go back to anything I might have missed or want to see again and sit on the outside of the track in a few different spots (front straight, overlooking turns 1-4, etc).

Saturday night we ride down to Monument Circle to see the bikes. If you have never been, you should really make an effort to go there and walk around. It gets crazy about dark.

Sunday, we sit at the top of the bleachers between NASCAR turns 1 and 2 on the south end of the track and stay there all day watching races. There is shade at the top and a big screen directly in front of you.

Also, I take my MP3 player that has an FM tuner on it along with my stereo plugs. They broadcast the race over FM inside the track and it allows me to hear what is going on since you can't normally hear the PA system.

It turned out to be great weekend despite the forecast for rain all three days! It held out and the weather was beautiful. I did the track lap on Friday and ran out of gas while on track. I was able to limp it out of the track before it went completely empty fortunately, so I saved myself some embarrassment there. It was a fairly spirited ride too. There were several riders who were passing on the inside of corners like they thought they were Rossi after being told single file and no passing. Disappointing as well was that one was on a 4th gen VFR. I didn't make it downtown for Motorcycles on Meridian this year. This was also the first time I have gotten to see the 8th gen, and boy do I want one. Ran into wera803 but didn't get to meet any other members. All in all, it was a great weekend as usual.

Nice meeting you DirtyRyda. I wore a VFRD TMAC shirt Friday and Saturday and you were the only one that stopped me.

I couldn't believe how lucky we got with the weather. Sitting in the stands Sunday looking to the west and seeing dark clouds and several lightening flashes, but never saw a drop at the track. Just a couple of sprinkles on Friday, but not enough to dampen the pavement.

Meridian seemed busier than ever this year, but then again it is always packed. One guy I talked to on the circle said he heard there were more bikes there than in Daytona during bike week. Not sure I believe that, but there were plenty to look at.

• Member Contributer

Sorry I missed you guys. I had a slightly shortened trip and was confined to the paddock for most of the event due to my schedule. Hope to catch you at the next one.

• Member Contributer

Sorry I missed you guys. I had a slightly shortened trip and was confined to the paddock for most of the event due to my schedule. Hope to catch you at the next one.

Confined to the paddock... poor DT... how could you stand it!

Confined to the paddock... poor DT... how could you stand it!

No kidding. What a rough life. LOL

• Member Contributer

LOL, I didn't mean it that way. Most of my friends are working and have very limited time to do much else. I arrived Saturday morning and confined myself to the paddock (mostly waiting) so that I could spend what little time I could with friends during their brief breaks. In some cases, I only got to say hi for 5-10 minutes. I watched the race from the LCR Honda box, but as you know, Bradl crashed, so the mood could have been better.

• Member Contributer

Nasty crash !!

http://www.foxsports.com/speed/motogp/video-bradl-uninjured-in-huge-crash-at-mugello/

LOL, I didn't mean it that way. Most of my friends are working and have very limited time to do much else. I arrived Saturday morning and confined myself to the paddock (mostly waiting) so that I could spend what little time I could with friends during their brief breaks. In some cases, I only got to say hi for 5-10 minutes. I watched the race from the LCR Honda box, but as you know, Bradl crashed, so the mood could have been better.

• Member Contributer

Nasty crash !!

http://www.foxsports.com/speed/motogp/video-bradl-uninjured-in-huge-crash-at-mugello/

Irony that Crutchlow will be taking his spot next year?

Archived