Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey CCRC46 ... been doing some research and going through the thread and the info you posted.

Do you think based on your experience that this a worthwhile investment for a guy who doesn't hit the track, but wants more low/mid range power for highway and touring?

(As for fuel type ... I always use Premium because we have ethanol in all our other gas here in Canada)

• Member Contributer

Hey CCRC46 ... been doing some research and going through the thread and the info you posted.

Do you think based on your experience that this a worthwhile investment for a guy who doesn't hit the track, but wants more low/mid range power for highway and touring?

(As for fuel type ... I always use Premium because we have ethanol in all our other gas here in Canada)

If you are already using premium you are missing out on the real potential benefits... the dyno charts show how much you can gain in the exact areas you are interested in. Is it worth it? that is only a question you can decide, what has value to you may not have value to someone else...

FWIW, I bought the Race module and MTB module, it's worth it to me :goofy:

It was 100% worth it to me. Even if you weren't tracking the bike this would be a huge benefit, there is just as big of a benefit for street and touring guys, as there are big area under the curve gains in the 2500-8000 rpm range, partial throttle through wide open throttle. I would say it was a track only benefit if all the gains were up top and or only wide open, but the big gains are literally exactly where you spend all your time at riding on the street.

I will be honest and say that I don't have too much argument in choosing the EVO model (fuel only) over a powercommander or a bazzaz, but nothing from powercommander or bazzaz can touch the Racing (fuel and ignition) model. The Rapid Bike Racing is fairly expensive, but when you break down what features it offers, it is actually a really good deal.

Standard Features:

IGNITION MAP using the pick-up signal management for an accurate control of injection and spark advance timing
(Rapid Bike is the only controller that uses the crank position sensor for precise mapping)

ENGINE BRAKE managed while decelerating to prevent rear wheel jumping and improve the bike’s stability while bending.
(This is basically a fancy word for a "Fuel Cut Eliminator" and it actually works, as the vfr800 has a 4th, 5th and 6th gear fuel cut when you close the throttle at speed and above 3000 rpms, which creates a rough on/off throttle transition that can negatively effect high speed handling.)

PIT-LANE LIMITER can be activated manually with a handlebar switch to reduce and maintain constant speed in the pit lane area
(I honestly never used this)

DUAL SETTING to optimize the main engine parameters in real time and select the best possible setting between two different pre-set
(I never used this either)

Rapid Bike RACING module is able to manage additional and exclusive functions once it is installed with the new YOUTUNE controller, turning your bike into a more powerful and safer riding machine.
(This is the best thing since sliced bread. RPM/Throttle position/Air:Fuel ratio Read out display! Traction Control/ Launch Control/ Engine Brake Control/ Quick Shifter Control/ Air Fuel Target Control!!!)

TRACTION CONTROL management is based on controlling the bike’s acceleration detected by engine’s crankshaft position sensor; when acceleration is such to compromise appropriate traction level, the system applies a sequence of injection cuts in order to bring it back within pre-set limits. Rapid Bike Traction Control system is user-friendly and fully customizable in order to match different riding skills while providing additional safety and reliability in every driving conditions. (I honestly don't care for this feature and don't see in any point of it on a 100hp bike. It just felt to intrusive to me)

LAUNCH CONTROL allows to release engine power only once top acceleration is reached, and at the same time to calibrate the effect and timing of traction control being applied during this specific operation.
(This feature alone makes the Rapid bike Racing worth the purchase. It is truly phenomenal and utterly overwhelming launching at over 9000 rpms! I will post a few videos of it in action.)

RPM (SPEED) MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Maintaining constant engine power delivery thanks to an effective system of RPM limiter to keep speed under control and ride comfortably even in traffic jams, etc.
(Only works on bikes with throttle by wire bikes)

This is all done using the factory narrow band o2 sensors or you can run a single, two or up to four wide band bosch o2 sensors. I am running 4 o2 sensors and it is amazing to see how different the 4 separate fuel maps maps are for each individual cylinder. You really don't need to do this with basic slip, air box modded and or catless header VFR's, but I have a set of race Two Brothers headers, overbore throttle bodies and light head porting, so I wanted to make sure that each cylinder was spot on.

Rapid Bike RACING add-on module performs additional features with installation of YOUTUNEcontroller:

QS managing kill time of electronic quick-shifting
AFR modifying target of air/fuel ratio parameter for auto-remapping fuel adjustments. Displaying air/fuel ratio value and changing its target in real time (only with My Tuning Bike installed)
EB Fine tune modulation of engine braking effects
RPM Displaying a number of engine parameters, showing TC and EB operating, and activating RPM/Speed Control feature

Here is a couple videos of the launch control feature. Basically how it works is set it to what ever first stage rpm you want (I have it at 9,000).

Then set what ever rpm drop you want. (I have it set to 200 rpms)

Then set the second stage rpm. (I have it set to 11,000 rpms)

So what happens is:

You pull in the clutch, put it first gear and activate the launch control.
Then you lean forward, brace your self and pin the throttle.

The rpms will hold at exactly 9000
When you start slowly feeding out the clutch, it will start grabbing and the rpms will drop.

When they drop to 8500 (you will be accelerating pretty hard by now), it will go into the second stage.

Second stage is slightly power limited to 11,000 rpms (you can hear what sounds like a slight miss, but not quite rev limiter)

Once you pass 11,000 it goes into the third stage which is full power full rpms.

I have ran the pre-programmed map with no o2 sensors (open loop) and it was actually better than the old premade Rapid bike 2 map that I last had, which was already way better the power commander map I paid $300 to have custom dyno tuned. I have never ran the Rapid bike racing with the two factory narrow band sensors, but I did switch to 4 wide band bosch o2 sensors and self tuned all 4 cylinders independently and the fueling is flawless. I would say that if your bike is relatively stock (stock to basic exhaust and air box mods) It will run great with the pre-programmed map and no adjustments made. The set up is made to run closed loop and will constantly be making adjustment in the 5-10% range on top of the rapid bike mapping (using the 2 factory narrow band o2 sensors). You will not need to make any actual changes to the mapping as the 5-10% closed loop map correction is more than enough to deal with any small variances that you will have.

• Member Contributer

Hi,

I puchased 3 of these in the group buy.  I have one connected to a 2008 VFR with a Torocharger installed. I would like to bring it down to Orlando and have it tuned on the dyno.

Do you know if I need to schedule time?  I have callled a couple of times but the voice mail of the phone number listed at Rapid Bike USA is full.

Thanks,

Keith

I know that Yaman (the shop owner/manager) has been in Italy at the Dimsport facility doing training for the past week. I haven't been there in a while, so I would just keep trying. I will try and get a hold of them too, as this is something that I really want to see happen :)

• Member Contributer

To resurrect this a bit, I'm looking at the rapid bike evo at the moment, listed at £337.25 here in the uk for my 8th gen.

https://calsport.co.uk/honda-vfr-800-vtec-14-2016/rapid-bike/tuning-modules/KRBEVO-109/

Tbh I know very little about this or power commanders etc, but it seems to me this is the better of them.

Tried reading through this thread but thought it may just be easier to ask some questions.

1. Is the product in the link above all that I need?

2. Am I right in thinking it comes with a preloaded map, but also constantly "learns" and updates that map?

3. Is it relatively simple to fit ans as it "learns" does not need a dyno run?

4. Would it invalidate the Honda warranty?

5. Will it give worthwhile power gains?

6 Any other advantages other than power?

Sorry if all this has been covered earlier.

Honestly I, nor Yaman (the owner of Cycle Pro, which is the authorized North American dealer for Rapid Bike) am in direct contact with that shop, so neither us us can vouch for them, their product or service, but I can give you some generalizations. I would reach out to them and Dimsport to confirm that they are in fact, an authorized dealer for Rapid Bike products and can provide Tech support and Warranty. I am going to reach out to my friend that works directly for Dimsport in Italy and see what he says.

1.) If you want a fuel only tuner, like Power commander/Bazzaz.

2.) Cycle Pro loads the correct map before shipping the module and harness out, hopefully this company does as well.

3.) Install is fairly simply and not much different than installing a power commander. Lift the tank, pull the plastics off of the tail, disconnect a few connections and plug the RB connections in between. Pretty much the same as a PC, but added o2 sensor connection and crank pick up signal connection.

4.) If something goes wrong with your bike, simply uninstall the Rapid bike before taking it to the dealer. The is no way that they can prove the Rapid Bike was ever installed and even so, there is no reason that the Rapid bike would ever cause issues when used as intended.

5.) Worthwhile power gains? Not really. You are looking at the lower end fuel only model (Evo). Fuel correction alone is not going to add any substantial amounts of power. It will just smooth out your power band and vtec transition. The Racing model has the ability to adjust ignition timing and will add a substantial amount of low end to mid range torque in the 2500-8000 rpm range.

6. On the fly fuel trim adjustment, AFR readout, RPM extension, individual cylinder mapping, engine braking control, launch control, traction control, quick shifter etc.

Honestly you really need to read through this thread and the other one. The features and install have both been covered in great length and detail many times over. Also be sure to contact this shop that you linked and confirm that they are an authorized dealer and can provide tech/warranty support.

Archived