Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

If it were me, I would brush (Scotchbrite) or bead blast that can. The shine is a little discordant with the rest of the bike.

Gotta say, though... If the white had been readily available I would very likely have gone white instead of red on my '14. Just beautiful.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks possible. The part number is: PR1375 VFR800W 97-02 LINK PIPE. The breakout price was $20 on the sales invoice.

Looks like you could shorten it by about 3" and move everything forward.

Rob

Do you, or does anyone else know where I may be able to purchase one of those link pipes as a spare part?

What I am thinking is that if I buy a 13" tri-oval carbon to suit my 4th gen, and one of those link pipes as well, I could try it out on the 8th gen also.

Looks possible. The part number is: PR1375 VFR800W 97-02 LINK PIPE. The breakout price was $20 on the sales invoice.

Looks like you could shorten it by about 3" and move everything forward.

Rob

Do you, or does anyone else know where I may be able to purchase one of those link pipes as a spare part?

What I am thinking is that if I buy a 13" tri-oval carbon to suit my 4th gen, and one of those link pipes as well, I could try it out on the 8th gen also.

I would try sales@delkevic.us Could call 303 962 2739 They were very nice and responsive when I called on the phone.

HAS THERE BEEN ANY PERFORMANCE GAINS WITH THE ARROW PRO-RACING MUFFLER ? IT IS BUY FAR THE BEST LOOKING MUFFLER I'VE SEEN SO FAR AND THE SOUND IS UP THERE AS WELL { WITHOUT BAFFLE }.

I TOOK DELIVERY OF A NEW RED VFR TODAY AND I AM LOOKING TO REPLACE THE TOO QUIET, UGLY, BIG PONG BOX OF A MUFFLER WITH SOMETHING THAT SHOWS OF THAT LOVERLY REAR WHEEL . CHEERS TO ALL.

HAS THERE BEEN ANY PERFORMANCE GAINS WITH THE ARROW PRO-RACING MUFFLER ? IT IS BUY FAR THE BEST LOOKING MUFFLER I'VE SEEN SO FAR AND THE SOUND IS UP THERE AS WELL { WITHOUT BAFFLE }.

I TOOK DELIVERY OF A NEW RED VFR TODAY AND I AM LOOKING TO REPLACE THE TOO QUIET, UGLY, BIG PONG BOX OF A MUFFLER WITH SOMETHING THAT SHOWS OF THAT LOVERLY REAR WHEEL . CHEERS TO ALL.

Whoa there! I know we're on opposite sides of the world, but there's no need to shout my friend.

To answer your question, though; Arrow don't make any claims on their website but it probably does add a couple of hp, plus a couple of kilos weight loss.

And congrats on your good taste - it is the best looking pipe! :happy:

Sorry, can't agree with that, I'm crossing my fingers that Scorpion produce one of these for when my new bike arrives like they did for the 1200...

2012VFR1200ScorpionSerketdetail_zps9b1e9

but it's suspiciously like the Remus which for me is the best looking can yet produced for the new VFR. But then that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions, they're like arseholes, everyone has one and nobody else's is any use to you!

2014VFR800FRemusOkamidetail_zps37f3a588.

• Member Contributer

post-30826-0-22645900-1410064714.jpg

Has anyone fitted one of these. I am hoping that DAM have these with the Carbon end piece available as a slipon kit for the VFR, just love it, have fired off an email to see if they are available. Have not seen a picture anywhere with this particular one fitted. Look forward to hearing from anyone who may have fitted this. It just looks beautiful and most of all there seems to be minimal exhaust extending behind the footpeg mount point, giving maximum rear wheel exposure - I like that.

Cheers.

Grum.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Got an email about the Dam slip on again, the price will be +- 410 euros or $549.35, they are currently closed until the 25th of the month, after they return they will start production and have them ready for the middle of september.

My oppologies for shouting in my previous post l am a lazy typist, I e-mailed Arrow about getting mabe a dyno chart or just some hp figures but they couldn't help me. I really like the look of the Pro-racing Pipe more so than all the other cannister type mufflers as they look too similar to the stock pipe, but thats just my opinion. With an 07 Fireblade in the shed you miss the grunt of a bigger capacity engine but having said that the VFR is deceptively quick you just have to use the gearbox more, this bike sits on the road so very nicely and so smooth. I did a 300 km ride today and got of feeling fine the same thing on the Blade and you need a Chiropractor. I think I'm going to Love it.

• Member Contributer

Hi all

I just ordered the Pro-racing end can from Arrow as well, will take 2 weeks to deliver . ( i cannot wait for it to get here ) . paid 493€ with a 98€ gift voucher from the bike shop where i bought it from . so 395€ isnt too bad , i wont be too popular with my bank manager but hey, lets just say its an early xmas gift to me from meeeee ........ :cheerleader:

With regards to the DAM end cans, my local Honda dealer here had a few problems with the VFR 1200F panniers getting too much heat, i hope it will not be the case for the 800 . he said the can was too short .

He also said to not forget to keep the DB killer in the pro-racing can when fitted to the 800F 2014 when panniers equiped or it'll probably cause problems too.....

Bon route !!!!

Post up pics when you get it installed. I'm interested to see how it looks on a red one. I'm still trying to decide what to get. Right now I'm stuck between the Arrow Pro-racing and the DAM. It would be nice to see a video of the DAM in action on the 800 (it looks and sounds pretty good on the 1200).

• Member Contributer

Will do,

i hesitated between the carbon bit on the end or just the normal stainless, biker buddies did not like the carbon i i just took the simple one, (52€ the carbon bit too !!) i was starting to get impatient, and im tired of people not hearing me coming and with winter coming here soon and the days getting shorter i need a bit more exhaust tone on these french country roads .... ( ive overtaken friends on several occasions and even over 7000rpm with the vtec purrrrr they dont even hear me !! )

if i hear of anyone here with a dam when they come out ill see if a vid would be possible . ( i agree, quite nice on the 1200 ) if they were not so heavy i'd have bought a red one, anyways ..............

• Member Contributer

If this bike was not a single sided swing arm i would have prehaps been tempted to fit this Arrow:

what do you guys think ?

what do you think of the carbon end cap for the pro-race end can ?

i suppose to know for sure we'd have to see them installed ....

post-31156-0-30688100-1410108043.jpg

post-31156-0-00861200-1410108098.jpg

• Member Contributer

They ( Arrow, are Italian ) have been around since 85 ( google is our friend, sometimes, wikipedia toooo , Lol . )

seem to do quite a bit of race/competition stuff, being so close to italy here in france we see alot of them around, normally always sound sweet !! An engineer bud of mine (who used to create machinery for Jaguar amung others in the uk) said that its a normal occorance ( the colour around the welds on the second can ) and said if the can i recieve is exaclly like the pic a little bit of not too aggresive scotchbrite then a polish and it'll be pretty . (discoularation)

On another note, i sent a email to Yosh , was curious to see if they had anything planned for the 2014 VFR 800 F , i recieved a very polite reply stating that nothing was in the works or planned for EU road legal use .

oh well .....

I just didn't believe that Akra would sell a pipe with a non-removable baffle, so I got out the snake camera to see if there was a small weld somewhere that I could dremel inside the can. When I didn't see one, I took a rubber hammer and tapped to see if it would seat a little further inside... and it did! Once I "broke the seal", the baffle came out with a few good tugs. Sounds much better without the baffle (sorry for the quality, couldn't find the good camera and had to use one that's a few years older to record.) I will shoot video with the other camera tomorrow so you can hear the difference more realistically.

post-8630-0-61036100-1410223529.jpg

Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJDED9nNMLw&feature=youtu.be

LOL I got my headphones to listen to that instead of the crappy laptop speakers and it sounds good, really deep and basey, sounds awesome.

I am still waiting, the ausssie importer, has stuffed up and doesn't care either, and now I could have one within a week from Revzilla, and cheaper too.

And they wonder why people buy OS.

• Member Contributer

Sure looks and sounds nice. What brand is it? One thing I'm concerned about with any aftermarket exhaust and the video seems to show it (or the lack of it!). There appears to be NO visible centre stand stopper when the stand is up as per the original pipes, yet the stand doesn't seem to interfere with the exhaust! Without the stopper the stand will either hit the exhaust or on the other side, hit the drive chain!!! Any thoughts on that one? I'm looking at the Dam exhausts from Belgium for my baby, want something shortish that shows more of the sexy legs of the wheel!

Cheers.

Grum.

Archived