Ride Groups - Hog Tie 2014

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Well, the date is fast approaching.

Expectation is for 20-30 bikes this year, and that equates to the need for 4-6 ride leaders/sweepers to keep the groups to around 5 riders each.

Anyone aside from me willing to lead a group? If so, please post up with the pace/style/personal preferences that people can expect.

I'll lead one of the quicker groups. Reasonable speeds in the straights, moderately sporting in the turns. Days will be 200-300 miles, 5 to 7 hours, good amount of sightseeing, stopping once an hour or so to take a break and stretch, lunch on the road.. I hope to catch the major fun roads over 2 days, 123, push etc... Riders not used to the area are not encouraged to join me.

• Member Contributer

If needed me and Lisa will do lead/sweep for a group. Can't say we will do the sight seeing group again unless really needed but we will do what it takes to make the event a success.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've never ridden outside of the Memphis area, and our backroads aren't too spectacular. I'd love to make this my first "real trip" and get to meet some of you in person.

My riding experience is just over a year, so I still consider myself 'new' compared to the rest of you. I will fall into whatever group I need to...

Archived