Official Made It Home Safe Texasmac Thread.

HS and I rolled back into Nashville around 3:30 pm today in the cage. Event went well, thanks again to everyone who attended and helped out! :cheerleader:

Ruff trailer ride back home!

post-301-0-16670400-1401054446.jpg

Group shot off the iPhone.

post-301-0-30322400-1401054476.jpg

BR

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm back in Athens, so tired, but I have a big, big smile on my face! I had the best time ever. Thanks BR for making it happen!

Mswera803 and I are home too. We decided to try and put a few more miles on today. Went up 28 to the gap store, then back down 129 (didn't even stop at the store). Was going to go across Cherahala Skyway, but it started to rain so we headed home and it rained almost the entire 4 hours home.

Been home and at the lake long enough to nearly sink the boat. I miss Franklin already.

Another great event. I'll post pics later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest SN00PY

IRONMAN & SNOOPY just now made it home. We went through the Wheels Through Time Museum, ate at Moe's in Asheville, traveled Parkway down by Mount Mitchell, and made it home with the only thing being dry are our BUTTS!!!

Thanks once again to Baileyrock for another fabulous TMAC. Had a great time, but one question.....When's the next one?????

• Member Contributer

Made it in at 9:30 this morning. Thankfully I didn't have to ride farther. Thanks Kevin for another great event with great friends and great riding.

post-5439-0-95427400-1401059508.jpg

• Member Contributer

I am back in Daytona Beach. I only got rained on once. By the way, riding 55mph continuously has a side effect of getting 48mpg!

Rolled in at 1:22 this afternoon. After telling my bride about the Golden Retrieveresque "squirrel incident" I showed her the scratched up plastics, and she was a really good sport about the whole thing. :cheerleader: I found a crack in my helmet near my temple :excl2: :sad2:, and she said we will have to replace it (damn, I liked that helmet). The helmet must have hit a rock embedded in the dirt bank.

When she used the phrase "when you go next year, maybe you should take the bike in the truck", I about passed out. :blink:

As with last year being a no-go, and this year being a go, based on the kids sports schedules, I will just have to see.

(edit, she claims that isn't really what she said, but she doesn't quite remember exactly what she did say. :huh: :unsure2: )

Had a great time and I learned a lot.

Thanks to BR and all who put on the event, and thanks to Dangerous Dave and Terry (MaxSwell) for leading my groups. Had a great time with everyone. Special shout outs to all the guys I rode with. Hope all of you get home safe. Canadians Ron and Andrew had a long drive with the van.

There are some great pics of everyone on killboy, 129slayer and us129photos too.

9 hours of staring at my oil pressure gauge later, I am back with Mrs. Thecop and the chimps. Burns is now on 2 wheels headed north. You are all the finest folks I know. Thank you.

• Member Contributer

TWitte and VFRAustin back in rural NJ

Thank you all!

Best time I ever had with leather on, well, um, you know what I mean.

• Member Contributer

We are crossing Toronto right now, 15hours in and 1h30m to go.. The Canadian Convoy split up at boarder, Ken and Glen hit the duty free..

The diesel keeps on truck'n sippin fuel at a trip average of 12.1L/100km that's 19.4mpg(US) not bad for a 3/4ton truck pulling two bikes in an 800lbs trailer.

• Member Contributer

Kanadian Ken dropped me unloaded me about a half hour ago. I have no idea what I was thinking all these years. Trailering = more riding time! :idea3:

Thanks, Kevin. Another great event.

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Kanadian Ken dropped me unloaded me about a half hour ago. I have no idea what I was thinking all these years. Trailering = more riding time! :idea3:

Thanks, Kevin. Another great event.

Glenn

Thanks Ken, Glenn is a good fella.

Muff

I got home around 3:00 and unloaded the trailer without incident. Even managed to back it into my narrow driveway on the first try. Looking forward to new tires and the next ride, had another awesome time!

• Member Contributer

arenupap.jpg The Contraption and I have safely rejoined my Mini (and quite excited and missed significant other) back in Miami.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Thought I'd use my first post to let everyone know 98Curt and I (the drunken therapist on the Erion 929) made it back without issue yesterday.

Absolutey an increadable time. Truly some of the top 1% great people I've met in quite too long of a time.

Thanks again BR.

Tony and I made it back saftley last night. Had a minor delay with a blown fuse but all worked out well. Wanted to say thanks to to all the great people there. A wealth of bike and riding knowledge for someone who had limited experience. Can't wait to do it again.

Archived