Official Made It Home Safe Texasmac Thread.

• Member Contributer

Gets better every year. I feel like a kid, worry free (except for tire wear bars and road hazards). Thanks to BR and HS for a smooth event, as usual.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I would like to thank all of the VFR D group that made my weekend ride come out so well.

When i got to the microtel inn on saturday almost about dark ,mini carver helped me park and advised me i needed a new tire. I new it was slick but didn't know the dragon and hwy 28 had worn it so much.

Mini carver( Chris) rounded up some tools and carver (keith) gave me a tire and soon i had several of the vfr d riders ( rob had an air pump) helping me change the tire.

Also one of the ladies ( i think keiths wife) heard of my late arrival and brought me a dinner plate.( it was sooo good, after changing the tire i was starving)

So thanks bailyrock and HS ,you have attracted a fine group of friendly helpful riders.

Next year ill be there early .

Also ill have to comment on the Microtel. The bed was great, i like a soft bed, i rate it a 10

I stay about 120 nights a years in hotels and i know hotel beds.

Tire wear? No. Hotel beds Yes

post-24893-0-25373900-1401116421.jpg

• Member Contributer

I made it home at 6:30 last night.

As I pulled out of the hotel parking lot, my truck has decided that conspicuous lack of incidents this year is just plain wrong and stalled on me. Just the right start of an 800 mile non-stop.

Thankfully, the road gods have changed their minds and it started right up and took me back in record time. No speeding tickets either :wink:

Thanks to all for being there and making this event so much fun.

I still have a smile on my face as I type this :biggrin:

Thanks again, BR, for a great event. We know that you WANT to do it, but we also know how hard you have to work and plan and worry to MAKE it a great event. I can think of 70+ people who think it's worth it! :fing02:

First off let me say what a well put together event. Thanks BR and all other volunteers that made this one of my key yearly events. It was also great to see my "Deer Slayin Minnesotan" buddy again. Had a great time and even though I live in the foothills and get up to the mountains at least once a week, I enjoy meeting all the people and riding with this group and all the new roads I learn. Looking forward to next years event. See everyone then. -TRem-

• Member Contributer

All Carver's arrived home about 30 minutes ago and the only thing destroyed this year are tires and knee pucks.

Huge thanks to BR, KK, HS and TtC for all they do to make this thing work!

Rolled out of Franklin at 9:00 a.m. and into my driveway at 4:30 p.m. The 300 mile drone from Knoxville back to Dayton always sucks. But I made it back without incident other than a Tennessee motor officer yelling and shaking his finger at me as I exited the Dragon. I just waved and kept riding. My tripmeter (which resets itself at 1k miles) said 666.6 when I rolled in the driveway. Is that bad luck? It was awesome to meet and ride with so many good people. I hope everybody had as much fun as I did. Count me in for next year.

D Dave

• Member Contributer

Home 3pm Sunday. What a great group and awesome riding.

• Member Contributer

FZPoot (Matt) and I made it home yesterday around 1330.

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, we made it home about 3:30 PM, trip was good until Bangor Maine then the temp was 43 and mist for the next 6 hours,,,back to the north. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put it on, it was great to see everyone again, Randy and I had a fantastic time. Never seen so many state troopers as we did on Monday, slowed down the trip some what, no tickets though.

Pat

• Member Contributer

Awesome job as usual BR. The PTSD from that NC run cleared up by the by the bottom of 215. Glad we got to a clean run on the more familiar roads and thanks millions for hanging back with The Girl on Ellijay. She was toast after pushing us to take the long way home; welcome to my world. :wink:

Got to cross off the usual checklist items with the usual back road fun with 007, Switchblade, Matt and Griff, and a Trace & Friends run on Saturday morning. Wish I could have hung around for the festivities Saturday night.

Was cool to see a couple of peeps that I met on the Dragon over the last year make TMAC. Hope they come back next year.

No schedule conflicts allowed next year.

KEB

• Member Contributer

Yes, made it home safely around 7:30 PM Sunday evening. Thanks again to Baileyrock for putting this event together. Also a very big thank you to old friends and new friends for being part of VFRD. You guys and ladies are what make me look forward to this event every year.

Hey guys, we made it home about 3:30 PM, trip was good until Bangor Maine then the temp was 43 and mist for the next 6 hours,,,back to the north. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put it on, it was great to see everyone again, Randy and I had a fantastic time. Never seen so many state troopers as we did on Monday, slowed down the trip some what, no tickets though.

Pat

Pat,

Glad your long haul home is over safely!

Really enjoyed riding with you and your son Randy Sat. especially with Bill in the Lead. Great day and thanks for letting me try to tag along! :beer:

BR

• Member Contributer

MaxSwell The Lost checking in safe and sound. Now for some sleep.

• Member Contributer

I'll meet you again next year in Deals Gap and scare the wildlife back into the woods for a safe ride into Franklin.

Kimball

• Member Contributer

You mean MaxSwell The Deer Hunter ... or maybe MaxSwell The Hunted (by deer). I saw this the other day and wondered if you could find a smaller version to affix to your bike:

IMG_5589.JPG

I rode all day on Wednesday with Terry and can report that I saw no deer. We had a great ride.

Hello all you riders! It was my pleasure meeting you all at T-mac and wanted to send my thanks and keep in touch. You sure do make a girl feel welcome (even if she doesn't have her own bike). Glad you made it home safely and hope to see you next year!!! xoxo Angeli (007's little lady )

post-30406-0-36489900-1401241519.png

Hello all you riders! It was my pleasure meeting you all at T-mac and wanted to send my thanks and keep in touch. You sure do make a girl feel welcome (even if she doesn't have her own bike). Glad you made it home safely and hope to see you next year!!! xoxo Angeli (007's little lady )

OMG, so cute. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I suppose this is the most suitable place to thank Norm (screen name Bedman??) for giving up a bunch of his cocktail hour to drive a rider back to the Microtel.

Much appreciated.

Glenn

Archived