Greetings From (What Was) A Sunny Oxfordshire!

cjb1019

Hello everybody,

Quick intro: my name's Carl, I've been stalking these forums for info ever since I fell in love with the first pictures of the 2014 VFR800 late last year. After a few visits to my friendly neighbourhood Honda dealer, and what felt like a LONG wait, as of this morning I am the proud owner (and according to the dealer, one of the first in the UK) of the new VFR!!

(yes, those are virgin kneesliders.......)

post-30298-0-17677300-1400186431.jpg

• Member Contributer

You must be one of the first! I have to admit, it loks much better in this picture than any of the others I've seen.

It's like me really - doesn't photograph well...

In all seriousness though, the bike does look better in person than in any pictures I've seen (and I quite liked the pictures).

• Member Contributer

Hi and welcome!! Where is your ride report??? We're waiting!!! :cool: BTW, with the bike being new and all, more pics would hurt either--we love pics here. Did I say congratulations??

C

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the North Sea :beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the party, Carl! Bike looks really good. Now put your virgin head slider on and go for a ride! :wheel: We need a report! (With video) :1:

Kevin

• Member Contributer

For a second I thought it was a Sprint 1050. Congrats on being the first here to own the new VFR. We've had one good test report. We'll be waiting on the second opinion.

more pics would hurt either--we love pics here.

More pics to follow shortly -- anyone have any requests?

Now put your virgin head slider on and go for a ride! :wheel: We need a report! (With video)

I will try and write a ride report soon, sadly due to a lack of any kind of recording camera or mounting equipment, a video will not possible

Welcome from another bit of the UK. Congratulations on your shiny new bike.

Love to see some more pics (dash and fancy headlights perhaps?) and hear your first impressions. Did you test ride or just take a leap of faith? What was your last bike?

• Member Contributer

Not that I'm gonna buy one but I'm curious of what you think of the dash and light reflection. Tomorrow is nice and sunny so should give you a chance to check again.

• Member Contributer

Yup, I think you are the first. Welcome....the Brits really are taking over!

I ride through Oxfordshire quite a lot en-route to Cotswold Airport so if you see a black Vtec....wave!

I test rode the new VFR a couple of weeks ago and I'd be very interested in your impressions, especially over time as you get used to the bike.

Black is definitely the best colour.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the forum. Nice bike! Congratulations on your good taste.

We won't hound you too much for pictures. Perhaps 50 to 100 pictures is all we ask! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome aboard Carl. In my business you "buried the lead" in your headline. It should read "Greetings From (What Was) A Sunny Oxfordshire - On My New 2014 VFR 800!" Strut my friend for you appear to be the first and the ravenous will be hounding you for impressions. They only sell the red and white versions in Canada and it looks like June deliveries.

Archived