My Old Girl Is Getting A Makeover. (83 Vf750F)

bswiles

• Member Contributer

Honestly, you are paying more attention to this motorcycle than Honda did when it built it!

I know...believe me...I know! I've never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Honestly, you are paying more attention to this motorcycle than Honda did when it built it!

I know...believe me...I know! I've never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed!!!

Funny !!! or the dullest either ..

• Member Contributer

Wow nice job.

That shop in Dallas has thread on here about the build of VF1000R. Amazing attention to detail from that group.

• Member Contributer

Me so jealous...... You're doing an outstanding job

going to look sweet when it's done..

Or are you going to just put it in your living room? Haha

Better then new.

Thanks but the credit for the work goes to the guy that posted right below your post...loving the results so far..and it will be ridden...hopefully a lot...

• Member Contributer

I love everything you're doing with this bike. It's going to be absolutely gorgeous. Keep posting pics...please!

• Member Contributer

It's a shame that that beautiful shock will be out of sight when the bike is all back together. Total eye candy!

• Member Contributer

It's a shame that that beautiful shock will be out of sight when the bike is all back together. Total eye candy!

I agree Tom...But I'm looking forward to the improved handling.

Looking good. Nice save on the frame. I've seen them fairly swollen in that spot from water sitting in there and freezing, ballooning the metal out.

Thanks...I was unaware that this could be a problem. I was glad to not have to get a replacement frame.
I learned about this frame rusting problem in the early nineties when I ran an '85 VF700F. I read somewhere that Honda recommended drilling a small drain hole at the bottom of the frame. I recall this issue effected the 83's and 84's only..

Out with the old....in with the new...(Hagon shock)

You are doing a great job, I'm keen to learn about the shock performance over the (old) old pneumatic OEM shock.

• Member Contributer

Out with the old....in with the new...(Hagon shock)

You are doing a great job, I'm keen to learn about the shock performance over the (old) old pneumatic OEM shock.

Back when it was ridden everyday, it was a bit slushy in the corners. I'm sure it will be an improvement but I will let you know after its finished.

Archived