3Rd Annual Hog Tie 2014 Event Thread - September 12 - 14, 2014

Yokel

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

FJ12Ryder-

Check the previous Hog Tie threads.

Do not miss roads are 124, 341 and 14 (I think).

I'll let the cat out of the bag... since I WON'T BE THERE EITHER!!!! Hahahahah

• Member Contributer

Thanks Yokel, here's a link to our tentative 1-day ride: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?authuser=0&authuser=0&hl=en&hl=en&mid=zkwnGnKVplc4.kUDf2X5M9IGE

Don't mean to hi-jack, just regret that I have to come down a week after the hi-jinks are over.

A couple suggestions to your route...

1. 412 is a major east west highway for the area. Lots of traffic and not a good road of the area. At Yellville continue on 14 to Push then run it north. When you get to the end 25 miles later at the White River bridge, turnaround and run it back south. If your plan is to hit Mountain Home, simply go there and then back to Push. 341 rides different depending on your direction and according to most is worth running both ways.

2. When you get to Marshall, take 27 to highway 16 rather than your planned route of 74.

Enjoy!

• Member Contributer

It must have messed up my route, I do have us going on 27 out of Marshall. I like your plan to do Push both directions. I'll have to see how we're feeling at that point since it will put us at 350 miles for the day. Don't want to get so beat up that it turns into work instead of play.

Many thanks for the hints/clues/routes.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled thread. :beer:

• Member Contributer

It must have messed up my route, I do have us going on 27 out of Marshall. I like your plan to do Push both directions. I'll have to see how we're feeling at that point since it will put us at 350 miles for the day. Don't want to get so beat up that it turns into work instead of play.

Many thanks for the hints/clues/routes.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled thread. :beer:

Sorry I didn't get back to you on the route... but GloryRacing is the man with the local knowledge, so definitely go by his reccommendations...

I just did my best to keep up :cool:

• Member Contributer

Anybody looking to split a room Thurs, Fri and Sat nights?

I plan on camping most nights to save some green; however splitting room costs Thurs., Fri. and Sat. would make it worth while. So I'll sign on as your roomie for those nights. I have no reservations.

Terry

• Member Contributer

I just ordered a set of Angel GTs to be sent to Glory Racing. It's going to be a great week!

• Member Contributer

I just ordered a set of Angel GTs to be sent to Glory Racing. It's going to be a great week!

Wow! That's mighty generous of you Maxswell! Can you send me a set also? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Wow! That's mighty generous of you Maxswell! Can you send me a set also? :goofy:

I would like a set also. My GT's are nearing the end of of their life. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Update: Looks like a solo trip for me now. Guess I get to ride with the big boys...

• Member Contributer

Update: Looks like a solo trip for me now. Guess I get to ride with the big boys...

Hope I can keep up. New AGTs might help. (I'll keep repeating "Push harder; your pegs are not dragging yet!)

• Member Contributer

You bring fast bike?

You betcha... Still won't be able to keep up with Gloryracing though...

• Member Contributer

I saw you had posted in the thread and thought, That sissy is gonna back out now as well!"

Sorry mama cant make it but glad your man card is still valid and you are coming.

Me too...seems like a long time since we've ridden together!

• Member Contributer

Anyone looking for a nonsmoking roommate at the HUB to share the cost of a room?

Disregard... I have a place to stay now.

Archived