3Rd Annual Hog Tie 2014 Event Thread - September 12 - 14, 2014

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Any local motorcycle shop in Harrison AR that could handle changing tires while there? Its 750 miles one way for me,and just tring to plan ahead, if I come early in the week and need tires.....etc....

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Kawasaki Extreme Sports...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Any local motorcycle shop in Harrison AR that could handle changing tires while there? Its 750 miles one way for me,and just tring to plan ahead, if I come early in the week and need tires.....etc....

While I won't volunteer his services, we do have a member there that's been known to help with tires. I'll send him a message.

• Member Contributer

While I won't volunteer his services, we do have a member there that's been known to help with tires. I'll send him a message.

Just don't let him fix your flat tire :biggrin:

What the 'Ass" above is referring to...picked up a puncture early on a Saturday morning. Attempted to plug with a sticky string but it would not seal. Tried twice. I have done this many times and they have always held. The only thing I can figure is that the strings had sat under the seat for to long and lost some of there mojo. Don't know for sure???

So...if your strings have been around for a while, you may want to consider replacing with new.

Regarding tire changes, I am always willing to help another rider! Unless of coursed they are an 'Ass'!

• Member Contributer

Never, never argue w/ a "Versys" rider... They will beat you up w/ that 49 "F'ing" horsepower all day long and wave at you while they are doing it...

• Member Contributer

Amen brother!

Fortunately an Arkansas hound dog took care of that machine so we will be spared future humiliation this summer!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

What the 'Ass" above is referring to...picked up a puncture early on a Saturday morning. Attempted to plug with a sticky string but it would not seal. Tried twice. I have done this many times and they have always held. The only thing I can figure is that the strings had sat under the seat for to long and lost some of there mojo. Don't know for sure???

So...if your strings have been around for a while, you may want to consider replacing with new.

Regarding tire changes, I am always willing to help another rider! Unless of coursed they are an 'Ass'!

:biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Never, never argue w/ a "Versys" rider... They will beat you up w/ that 49 "F'ing" horsepower all day long and wave at you while they are doing it...

Good grief that was funny... And humbling.

Displacement is no replacement for skill.

I will never forget that 4 finger waggle as that versys walked away.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Room is booked and vacation time is set. I will be there either late night on Friday the 5th or early morning Saturday the 6th and leaving out Sunday morning the 14th. Time is fast approaching now,

• Member Contributer

Fred-

Hoping to join you around the 5th. I'm holding as tight as I can to vacation time. ;)

Good deal. I think Terry will be there on the 10th and a few other on the 11th. Coming up quick.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Yeah, it really is coming up quick.

God, I can't wait. Going for a ride with Miguel and Rolomarr tomorrow and am already thinking ahead for the AR ride. Terrible. I finally live in one of the better motorcycling states and just want to ride in AR.

Geez... it's never enough is it?

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, my daughter and her friend are wanting to come with us this year. One of the girls can ride with huntinggunns, but the other will need a ride. I have yet to have a pillion, and I don't know that even if I started practicing now that I would be confident enough to have a pillion for this ride (especially on 123). So, I wanted to see if she could ride with one of y'all?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

*raises hand* I don't mind running 2 up if she has gear and a sense of adventure. ;-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Being retired my schedule is flexible. If peeps are ariving early in the week, I'd be glad to join the weekend 9/6 crowd.

Looking forward to this With Wild Anticipation!

• Member Contributer

Being retired my schedule is flexible. If peeps are ariving early in the week, I'd be glad to join the weekend 9/6 crowd.

Looking forward to this With Wild Anticipation!

Be good to hang out with you for a few extra days Terry. Will see you then.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

You're not bringing any wildlife with you, are you? :cool:

I hope to sneek out of town w/o the bastage's notice. And avoid riding near dusk and dawn. However, my eyes will remain Wide Open.

We did have to hit the brakes for them several times while riding in the area last year. Saw more there than the on the way down.

• Member Contributer

I imagine you're coming down I-35 and I'm not real close to where I-35 goes through KC but if you're needing a place to overnight, or take a break for a few hours

just let me know. I'm over by KCI.

• Member Contributer

Sounds good to me. I need two days to get there. KC is a convenient place to stop. I'll let you know more as the time arrives.

p.s. What is KCI?

• Member Contributer

I am really thinkin hard about this . i just might show up .

Doooooo eeeeeet!

It's a good, relaxed time!

• Member Contributer

Kansas City International (it's not really) airport. It north of KC on I-29.

Thanks JFR, I'll plan on it. Looking forward to meeting you, if I haven't already. Very bad memory due to concussions. :blink:

Archived