Found On Ebay - Alpinestars Magnetic Tankbag $20

marriedman

Had a friend tell me about a small/midsize tank bag on ebay for $20. It doesn't say it is an Alpinestars, but you can see it on the zipper and on the rear of the bag in a few shots. They tried to photoshop it out for some reason, but it is visible in many pictures.

Not posting any link per forum policy, but you can find it by searching for:

New Black Oil Fuel Tank Bag Magnetic Motorcycle Motorbike Oil Fuel Tank Bag

Here is one of the pictures showing the Alpinestars logo

$_3.JPG

• Member Contributer

It's a dubious chinese knockoff.

But you have to appreciate the way Chinese manufacturing has given renewed currency to the word dubious. :laugh: We've had dubious Chinese fairings, windscreens, mirrors, lights, and levers--although several people claimed the levers were nearly as good as the Pazzo levers they copied.

But you have to appreciate the way Chinese manufacturing has given renewed currency to the word dubious. :laugh: We've had dubious Chinese fairings, windscreens, mirrors, lights, and levers--although several people claimed the levers were nearly as good as the Pazzo levers they copied.

You know, if they were smart they would make that a brand name over there. Dubious with some fancy lettering or the initials DC and a cool logo... They'd sell like hotcakes.

I also bought the DC levers and have found them to be good. Not great, but pretty darn good.

You know, if they were smart they would make that a brand name over there. Dubious with some fancy lettering or the initials DC and a cool logo... They'd sell like hotcakes.

I also bought the DC levers and have found them to be good. Not great, but pretty darn good.

That would be funny. I too, am satisfied with the DC levers I put on my CB900F.

I grabbed one earlier. If it turns out to not be what I want, I'll pay-it-forward to a new rider looking for something. Had that when I first started riding and it helped a lot and now I like to do the same. Almost all my "starter" gear has been passed on. Not because they were poor, but I just found something that worked better or was exactly what I wanted in the first place. Gloves, jackets, soft luggage, boots, parts... you name it!

• Member Contributer

:laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe:

• Dubious Manufacturingâ„¢ presents ... the latest in a long line of Dubious quality products.
  • The only way to be assured of Dubious quality, is to buy a genuine Dubious product.
  • Nothing beats Dubious quality.
  • If it's 1/3 the price of competitive brands, it must be Dubious.

Maybe I'll apply to be their marketing director. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

• Dubious Manufacturingâ„¢ presents ... the latest in a long line of Dubious quality products.
  • The only way to be assured of Dubious quality, is to buy a genuine Dubious product.

Indubitably!!! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Great little bag, I have one just like it except it is Joe Rocket :wacko: they have had a couple of different ones to plagerize :wink:

• Member Contributer

Great little bag, I have one just like it except it is Joe Rocket :wacko: they have had a couple of different ones to plagerize :wink:

Yeah, after seeing your post and doing a little search, it is a JR Manta knockoff. Makes sense considering I thought it looked like a stingray. :cool: They are sporting it with an Alpinstars logo that appears to fall off if you look at the various pictures of it in different listings. Still looks like a handy little bag, though.

• Member Contributer

Lowell Mathers (Wings sitcom) reference there tbzep?

I've got myself a dubious chinese LED flasher relay, LED bulbs, full set of fairings, windscreen (replaced with ZeroG recently), levers, grips, bar ends, brake discs/pads, fuel cap, leathers (pakistani, not chinese) and now a tank bag

So far I haven't been let down, well apart from the double bubble screen.. that thing was hideous, but served it's function well of pushing the air up and over my helmet. Just as long as you do your research properly, only going for things someone else has tried and tested first..

The new tank bag I got seems to be a 'Pro-Biker G-XZ-002' when I googled it but the ebay page showed no branding and it was shipped straight from china.

It's a nice shape, the side pockets have like a semi-solid shell so that it holds it's shape which is nice. I didn't want something soft and squishy. Overall quality is great, more than you would expect from China

Here, have a nice dodgy quality phone picture:

BOoX6gQ.jpg

• Member Contributer

Lowell Mathers (Wings sitcom) reference there tbzep?

Yep!

• Member Contributer

I'm mad at you guys. You've caused me to blow $50 on some Dubious shorty levers and a tiny Dubious tank bag....none of which I need!

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to post a follow up here. I got mine last night. It's a good $20 bag, but the magnets are small & weak. For around town, I think this bag will be fine. Which I am ok with since that is the only time I will be using it. But for highway traveling it would most likely move around.

• Member Contributer

I've got myself a dubious chinese LED flasher relay, LED bulbs, full set of fairings, windscreen (replaced with ZeroG recently), levers, grips, bar ends, brake discs/pads, fuel cap, leathers (pakistani, not chinese) and now a tank bag

So far I haven't been let down, well apart from the double bubble screen.. that thing was hideous, but served it's function well of pushing the air up and over my helmet. Just as long as you do your research properly, only going for things someone else has tried and tested first..

The new tank bag I got seems to be a 'Pro-Biker G-XZ-002' when I googled it but the ebay page showed no branding and it was shipped straight from china.

It's a nice shape, the side pockets have like a semi-solid shell so that it holds it's shape which is nice. I didn't want something soft and squishy. Overall quality is great, more than you would expect from China

Here, have a nice dodgy quality phone picture:

BOoX6gQ.jpg

Looks Good !!!

• Member Contributer

I got one for Emily's GS500. Looks perfect!

• Member Contributer

I forgot to post a follow up here. I got mine last night. It's a good $20 bag, but the magnets are small & weak. For around town, I think this bag will be fine. Which I am ok with since that is the only time I will be using it. But for highway traveling it would most likely move around.

To add to the review, the magnets are in flaps with velcro closures. It will be easy to add or replace magnets without doing any sewing. The pouches will hold a magnet about twice the size of what is included. The zippers look ok. The material is much thinner than my Held Top Level tank bag and wants to flatten out when the bag isn't full, but the bag is fully functional. The compartment with the A* logo was sewn on crooked on mine....considerably crooked. YMMV.

You won't be toting around a compressor or extra face shield like I do in my Held bag, but the little bag has room for a water bottle, CO2 tire filler and plugs, a couple of rags, cell phone, change, etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived