Body Work For 2002 Vfr

Hi All it's been a rough year for my bike, I crashed on the highway and it's finally time to replace the bodywork. I've noticed that there is a Honda Part numbers for the body work and it looks like it's the complete package. Has anyone bought the replacements and had issues with fitment. I'm talking OEM. I also thinking about Nice Cycle's bodywork. I'ts 800 bucks for the complete set. (Opinions? anyone)

I've also had some of the mount points on the bodywork have come loose and broken off. Are these parts Complete with screw holes?

I'm looking at PT #'s COWL SET, R. FR. SIDE *R157* (ITALIAN RED)

64310-MCW-A00ZA

COWL SET, L. FR. SIDE *R157* (ITALIAN RED)
64320-MCW-A00ZA
Thanks in advance!
Jim C

• Member Contributer

Jim, tough luck on the smashed plastic.

We have had a bit of that here in this garage during the past year as well.

I am not sure what nice cycles body work you are talking about but the general consensus on the Chinese knockoff plastics is that it is very difficult to form abs plastic to the exact same size and shape as factory body work without the factory molds.

So while the ingenuity of those knocking it off is impressive the fit (and thickness of plastic/quality of paint) leaves a little to be desired. If you are color matching an existing fuel tank or other stock parts, some colors are reported to be slightly off as well.

I actually chalk some of the difficulty in mounting aftermarket plastics to our VFRs to the fact that in the drop that caused you to need to replace your stock plastic, you quite probably bent more than one of your mounting brackets.

Still, if it were mine and I were planning on keeping the bike for more than another 3-4 weeks I would check out Mason City Honda in Mason City Iowa and ask for Keith, the sales manager. he gives VFRD members a pretty good discount (some items as much 20% below the already discounted price on their website).

And don't forget to order a couple of new mounting brackets for the side that got smashed, it'll make the new plastics go back on much easier.

Here is a link to the parts drawing, looks like the numbers you posted are correct. http://www.masoncityhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2526107&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2002&fveh=132297

And they are complete with holes for the fasteners but no fasteners are included.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Ask for Keith, parts mgr. at Mason City Honda. They are the BEST prices around.

Mention you are VFRD member; cost plus ten percent.

Edited by MaxSwell