That Was Close... Caught On Tape.

Yokel

• Member Contributer

This is Saturday Morning, 8-31-13 riding with 2thdr in Arkansas on our way to meet up with Gloryracing on Hwy123. It was a gorgeous morning about 0730.

The lighting and time of day are dead giveaways to keep an eye on the sides of the road and keep speeds somewhat manageable in order to give yourself some recovery room if it's needed.

Even keeping the pace moderate and scanning the sides of the road, you can tell this one caught me off guard. My swerve was delayed, and according to 2thdr, this guy chased me for a couple hundred feet after I almost tagged him.

Keep those eyes peeled, kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cqhEnlMKtI&feature=youtu.be

Haha, love that moment where you just kinda twitch after you have a near miss with something. Then for the next second or two you have no throttle input while your brain processes everything that just happened.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, good times.

So, the deer made a right and chased after you a bit?

Probably thinking, hey you almost hit me! :pissed:

A near miss beats an almost miss by a mile. Buy a lottery ticket. :beer:

• Member Contributer

The deer must be making suicide pacts with each other . . . :mad:

Even knowing that it was coming it was difficult to spot the first time through.

• Member Contributer

No way you can even react to something like that.

This is why I encourage deer hunters everywhere to shoot as many as they possibly can. The best place for those forest rats is on my plate or my hands.

I've been harrassed several times by this one deer that lives a mile from my house. The first encounter, it was standing in the middle of the road, I honked, stopped about 20 yards from it, it just looked at me for a while, it jumped the fence and stood in the field, when I proceeded, it ran along beside me, racing me about a 100 yards! It has been in the same location 3 other times as I go home. We are now enemies.

I've been harrassed several times by this one deer that lives a mile from my house. The first encounter, it was standing in the middle of the road, I honked, stopped about 20 yards from it, it just looked at me for a while, it jumped the fence and stood in the field, when I proceeded, it ran along beside me, racing me about a 100 yards! It has been in the same location 3 other times as I go home. We are now enemies.

That deer would meet Mr. Arrow the very next time I saw him.

Arrange the next meeting with a nice big ol truck. But this is really your fault. You have met the enemy 3 times and still he breathes. A pistol will kill a deer.

Hiway 97 in northern Washington...beware..the deer plot and scheme to get ya!!!

Buddy on a BimW dodged a buck n couple does while he was just a few hundred meters south oc WA/BC border...

on the way back to BC...just after sunset the same pack tried for me...

sausages eh!!! good idea.

• Member Contributer

I vote for the big old truck. And then a party with sausages and venison.

C

My vote would be the gun. Denting the truck would drive me mental and might not leave enough deer to salvage for sausage and venison. Now shooting the deer FROM the truck would solve both issues. First, your nemesis would be no more, and you would have something to carry deer home in so as to make the sausage and venison. Hmmmmm

• Member Contributer

READING THIS POST CAN BE DANGEROUS! After reading this post I went out for a ride and wouldn't you know it, a 160 pounder wanted a piece of me. it hopped out of the ditch on the side of the road and decided to test my reaction time. well... I passed the test and couldn't help but think about this post.

BEWARE!!!!!

• Member Contributer

I vote for the big old truck. And then a party with sausages and venison.

C

My vote would be the gun. Denting the truck would drive me mental and might not leave enough deer to salvage for sausage and venison. Now shooting the deer FROM the truck would solve both issues. First, your nemesis would be no more, and you would have something to carry deer home in so as to make the sausage and venison. Hmmmmm

I see your point.

We don't have deer to worry about, just Roo's & the odd Emu.

kangaroos_zps962244de.jpg

Emu_zps66555c3f.jpg

Holy smokes Max!!!! Can you say automatic weapon?!??!!

C

PS is roo meat any good to eat??

Pictures can be deceiving but seriously is that road rated at 110km/h? That looks like fun, apart from the fauna. Obviously this road is not in a Nanny State. If it were Victoria, that would be 80-90 limited.

Cooked well, roo meat is ok. It's richer than beef, not as gamey as you'd think, but it comes down to how you cook it.

Archived