Vfr 750 Fuel Pump

fabio222

Hello all,

Some of you may know that the fuel pump on my 750 packed up recently and was only brought back to life by the mechanic filing down the points inside. He said it'll work for a while but that I will definately need to get myself a new one.

Of course the OEM one is a ton of money and will eventually break again so I am looking at getting something cheaper that will also last longer.

Facet seem to do a range of pumps but is there one in partiuclar that will work as good as OEM and not flood the engine?

There is also this one but again might it flood the engine: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/12V-ELECTRIC-FUEL-PUMP-UNIVERSAL-DIESEL-OR-PETROL-/261060771194?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc86f3d7a

And then this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR600-900-VFR750-Replacement-Fuel-Pump-/111142109343?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item19e096009f

What would your recommendations be?

• Member Contributer

Cheaper and last longer donot match imho......

I would call a few breakers in Ireland if I were you and get a used oem. Sure, no guarantees but still Honda.

Found one in NL for you, maybe combine with a trip to Amsterdam? :goofy:

http://www.motorparts-online.com/#MXJlY29yZHNldHxodHRwOi8vd3d3Lm1vdG9ycGFydHMtb25saW5lLmNvbS9yZXF1ZXN0X29uZGVyZGVlbC5waHA/cGlkPTAuMzE2ODk0NjM0OTA3ODEzNiZzdGFydF9wb3M9NjAmb25kZXJkZWVsX2lkPTEwNDMxNA==

Normally I would agree with the cheaper but last longer thing!

However the last pump linked in my original post is a solid state pump with no moving points so it should never burn out. The thing I am worried about is pressure etc.

As for a trip to Amsterdam...well my girlfriend is moving to some place near Le Mans for a few months next year and I'll be visiting on the VFR. Can't rule out a trip up to Amsterdam, I'll be sure to get in touch with you!

• Member Contributer

I remember this coming up once before. Someone found a replacement pump, but in the end he had problems with it. A search and almost every thread on that pump was people having problems with it. I would search for an OEM unit, and in the mean time, keep what tubing you need to run a gravity feed system, just in case.

• Member Contributer

It was a pressure issue IIRC. The aftermarket ones were pushing more pressure than they were supposed to. It is not too often that I hear a VFR pump completely go out.

Is the part Rosso linked to a solution?

I've bought a new set of points. Looking at the service sheet from the shop it says "Cleaned Fuel Pump Contacts (Will Need PNT"

That is exactly how it is printed on the sheet from the workshop so I guess PNT is points. So I went and bought new ones and will fit them myself and hope for the best.

Might include the fuel pump points as an inspection at the 8000 mile service each time.

• Member Contributer

Take pictures and post 'm up!

I will go to the shed now and get myself a can of Guinness Draft! :beer:

Archived