2013 Hog Tie Potluck

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Happening Friday night the 13th around sun-down. All attendees are welcome.

After the utter debacle and poor service afforded to us last year for the group dinner, it's been decided that we'll fend for ourselves when it comes to an arranged dinner. (Read: 'Cause I think it's going to be more fun and more conducive to hilarity.)

I've cleared with the owners of The Hub to allow us to do a cookout. I'll be bringing a grill (The grills there are the Hub are rusty and scary) and perhaps a couple tables down with me this year. Lawn chairs are around the hotel.

Thought it might be fun, (Read: Cheap) to set this up as a pot-luck style BBQ. I was thinking burgers, dogs, brats and links.

I'll provide the meat, and thought others could provide sides/chips/drinks/dessert with a small award to whomever brings the most delicate course on the back of a bike. There ARE a couple options within 10 miles for groceries.

Needs will be stuff like:

Buns (hotdogs/burgers)

Chips - VcFR

Soda - Rush2112

Ketchup - Huntingguns

Mustard - Huntingguns

Relish - VcFR

Pickles - 2thdr

Dessert

BEER - A number of folk...

Plates - pluseb0

Plasticware - pluseb0

Cups

Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions - 2thdr

Tatersalad - Ellen

Naturally, if you have special dietary needs, you may want to fend for yourself and make do.

Also, if you'd like to simply kick in cash to help, that's welcome. Just hand me money on site.

Remember: This is a ride that's to be done primarily "on the cheap", so there's no call to go banana's with what you bring.

If you are willing to provide something, Please post below what you're willing to share, as well as for how many people. I'm estimating 30+ folks will be around for this. There should be plenty to go around.

Thanks!

Jon

• Member Contributer

I'd love to pitch in Jon, riding in for about 7 hrs so transporting food probably not an option... as a microbiologist I'm pleading with the group not to try to bring egg salad or such on the back of a bike for a 5 - 7 hr ride... don't want the group sitting on the stool all weekend instead of sitting in the saddle! Food poisoning sucks...

:squid:

• Member Contributer

I'd love to pitch in Jon, riding in for about 7 hrs so transporting food probably not an option... as a microbiologist I'm pleading with the group not to try to bring egg salad or such on the back of a bike for a 5 - 7 hr ride... don't want the group sitting on the stool all weekend instead of sitting in the saddle! Food poisoning sucks...

:squid:

Rush, that might win the award for the most delicate course on the back of a bike. Just saying..........lol. We will donate also Jon.

• Member Contributer

I can help... I found out last year that I can hold a 12 pk of beer between my belly and the tank! :beer:

I need to find a more efficient system... that'll take a lot of trips with this crew!

• Member Contributer

We will bring lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, for the burgers.

And my ST can hold a lot of grub if anyone wants me to get their contribution at the store and bring it back...

• Member Contributer

Since I work for Coca-Cola I figured I should take that one... I'll throw in a case of beer too! :beer:

Do they have coolers there besides the honor "Take and Pay" beer cooler? Do we need to bring some?

• Member Contributer

I'll have hands on a cooler, Rush. No worries there.

My room will have a refrigerator too, so there's that!

Looking forward to the potato salad!

• Member Contributer

I'll be at the Hub tonight. Will inventory and secure available tables/chairs.

I should have 2 coolers available for this meal, and a grill that won't give everyone the need for a tetanus shot. :cool:

Aside from that, *BUMP*

Anyone else willing to bring calories, fat and carbs?

• Member Contributer

Put me down for ketchup and mustard and VCFR down for chips and relish. Also add some beer in there. We can also make a run to the store if anything else is missing.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Yokel, put me down for the plastic stuff (plates/cups/utensils), I plan on getting in on Thursday so I can pick them up after I get in and unloaded.

Of course I will add to the "beer" stock!

+eb0

• Member Contributer

Yokel, put me down for the plastic stuff (plates/cups/utensils), I plan on getting in on Thursday so I can pick them up after I get in and unloaded.

Of course I will add to the "beer" stock!

+eb0

Jon we have the pickles too...

Done and done.

Thanks guys!

After the funeral, it would seem I bought my family far too much gourmet beer. Guess you guys get to drink it!

• Member Contributer

My late arrival and total lack of cooking skills will make my contribution in dollars. And I'm willing to help with the transportation from the grocery store.

• Member Contributer

My late arrival and total lack of cooking skills will make my contribution in dollars. And I'm willing to help with the transportation from the grocery store.

Didn't see your name on the confirmed list "deer slayer". We are glad your healed up enough to make this function. It will be a great pleasure to meet you. You are a true inspiration to us all.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

I am looking forward to meeting everyone With Wild Anticipation. I have not found anti-deer bells yet.

• Member Contributer

I am looking forward to meeting everyone With Wild Anticipation. I have not found anti-deer bells yet.

Don't need anti-deer bells if Marks leading :3: He does a really good job of almost hitting them for you all day long, along with most other woodland creatures.

• Member Contributer

Don't need anti-deer bells if Marks leading :3: He does a really good job of almost hitting them for you all day long, along with most other woodland creatures.

Then I'll be sticking close to Mark, assuming I can keep up. I'm a little short on practice this year but I'm doing my best to get caught up.

• Member Contributer

You could bring cereal and bread. ;-)

• Member Contributer

You could bring cereal and bread. ;-)

That's funny; too true! Wish I could bring venison!

• Member Contributer

expect a donation from me!

Looking foreward to hangin' w you again. I've been thinking of heading to the Sand Hills afterwards. I'll have see how my endurance lasts.

Ride safe pal.

Archived