Review: S50 Coocase Trunk With Motech Rack

spinalator

• Member Contributer

I finally got my motech alurack delivered, after a 6 week backorder, so I installed the S50 CooCase onto the 1200. It really is 48L not 50. It comes with remote lock, two keys, alarm, brake and running lights. It also has removable panels for painting, I am thinking of sending the insert off to get the Red treatment, and have an extra one in black in case it gets too scratchy. There are a few colour options available, AdMore lighting has kits to upgrade the small (4) LEDs that come with the kit. Twisted Throttle suggested I buy their wiring kit, and the Motech plate instead of using the supplied Coocase plate, and it works well. I have had it around town and up to 130km/hr on the freeway and it has stayed on. I have had Givi and Kappa stuff, but the price for a 48L starting at 179.00 was too good to pass up. The OEM trunk up here is obscenely priced.

The Rack is sturdy, comes with hardware to attach where the grab handles are, has electrical plugs that interface with the case, has rubber plugs for when the rack is off. Installation was fairly straightforward, and TwTh said to call if I ran into trouble.

All in all, I am happy with the quality of the rack and the case. The quick release plate makes it easy to swap different trunks back and forth, even if they are different manufacturers, which makes this more useful than the OEM offering for me.

post-72-0-68167000-1375392718.jpg

post-72-0-02641700-1375392727.jpg

post-72-0-27031400-1375392734.jpg

Archived