My Build

So... who else wants one of those decat pipes made? :P

I do!

how much ??

Seriously, ask you fab guy how much he would want to whip up a few of those decat pipes... And would the price go down if there were more :P

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm going to approach the machinists at the military unit I work with and see if they can come up with anything for rearsets :P

Are you guys wanting rearsets for the adjustability, looks, gripppier pegs or, reverse shift?

I was only interested in reverse shift and could find no suppliers for rearsets. There is a pretty simple mod that can be done for less than $100 to get reverse shift with the stock pegs.

• Member Contributer

Gilles adjustable rearsets, are available, for both models, the 1200F, and 1200FD, I have a VFR1200F, they are not available in the UK as yet, which is why they were well over £400.00p in the UK, they were coming in from Germany. I have a pr on order, and they are coming to the UK, from America, when I have them fitted, I will post a photo. ps approx. 3 weeks delivery to me at UK.

• Member Contributer

Gilles adjustable rearsets, are available, for both models, the 1200F, and 1200FD, I have a VFR1200F, they are not available in the UK as yet, which is why they were well over £400.00p in the UK, they were coming in from Germany. I have a pr on order, and they are coming to the UK, from America, when I have them fitted, I will post a photo. ps approx. 3 weeks delivery to me at UK.

Excellent news. I'll wait for your feedback. If everything goes OK, I'm buying them.

• Member Contributer

Excellent news. I'll wait for your feedback. If everything goes OK, I'm buying them.

I looked at their website. No mention about possible reverse/gp shift. Picture appears to be standard shift. Personally unless you want the adjustability, don't see the point of rearsets without reverse shift. Looking forward to any reviews.

• Member Contributer

I want the adjustability (slightly up and back), the increased crashworthiness, better shifting, and most importantly non-folding footpegs. Quality aftermarket rearsets use ball bearings so shifting is heaps better, solid click and feel when switching gears. You also get better traction with your boots compared to the POS rubber used on the OEM's. I don't give a shit about GP shifting.

Amazing thread here, luvtoleanit. I will likely never mod any bike to this extent, but it was fun flipping through these 12 pages to see your 7th gen. transformed! :smile:

• 2 years later...

Archived