Price Check, Aisle 4 - 1997 Vfr 750, 4350 Miles

Guest bmarshall1

Guest bmarshall1

Hey All,

I need a little help from the crowd; it is time to sell my 1997 VFR and I need an idea on the price. Here are some details and feel free to ask any questions.

I'm sure some are wondering 'how do you have a 16 yr old bike w/ only 4300 miles', here are the cliff notes. I sold my Ducati 851 Superbike (uncomfortable) and bought the VFR then all my friends quite riding, I bought a Miata, switched jobs, moved, got married, bought a dirt bike, wrecked the dirt bike, broke both arms and legs (ouch) and here I am. This is the last of my bikes to go as it is my favorite.

The bike is about as perfect as one would expect to find w/ this low of miles, always garaged, covered, and pampered.

It's a 1997, 4350 miles, perfect shape, one adult owner, purchased new by me and always garaged. Within the last 300 miles it has: a new battery, new Michelin Pilot Sports (still have the nubs), carburetors cleaned and synchronized, valve clearances checked (w/ pix), new spark plugs, air filter, and voltage regulator. All the work has been done by myself as I am very anal about my bikes and cars. It currently has a Micron pipe (very nice, deep, sound) but I have the stock pipe as well. I have the original owners manual, shop manual, and tool kit, plus the factory rear seat cowl and balancing adapter for the rear wheel. I may be selling the pipe, shop manual, cowl and other accessories separately, but not sure as of yet. It has a throttle lock for comfort, and tank pad to stop scratches. I probably have a few other item to sell/go with the bike but need to gather a list.

What do you think it's value is? I have seen a few '96/'97's in the $2000-$4000 range but with 12K to 50K+ miles.

This bike is a great example and a true survivor for someone who wants a 4th Gen VFR; tell me what you think. Once I have a better idea it'll be in the classifieds.

TIA

Bruce

post-17456-0-76962900-1370728551.jpg

• Member Contributer

I don't know, man - some folks on here think a low mileage survivor is a scam. But I say screw 'em. Ask on the very high side and someone will be happy to get it.

Hi and welcome to VFRD!

If it's true and as sweet as the mileage should be ask the top end of market and I'd start at $5k.

Now pick a price and put it in the classifieds where it belongs!

BR

Archived