Vnr? Wtf! Nr750 Replica

Thanks again Dutchy for very valuable information and pictures! :beer:

The front wheel is temporarily in place, but I had to try the new clothes on…

Upper fairing fits quite good. Just need to find the right position in length.

Lower part does not fit very good…fairings are made for CBR900 which is wider and higher.

So lower part needs to be split and have parts of it removed.

post-26810-0-08288500-1370235579.jpg

I also realized the instrument cluster cover needs surgery…

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correction:

The bottom fairing is OK in height.

I cut the fairing in half and it fitted much better!

post-26810-0-37596700-1370322547.jpg

• Member Contributer

Correction:

The bottom fairing is OK in height.

I cut the fairing in half and it fitted much better!

attachicon.gifIMAG0992.JPG

Now go look for an engraver who can make you one of these.........

post-8974-0-76677500-1370357004.jpg

In due time.

The devil is in the details... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

As I said earlier...progress will be slow during summer.

But when I got a few minutes over I try to spend them in the garage!

I have started to sort out the headlight cut out in the fairing, in order to get the right apperance it needs to be like the original.

I printed a photo of the NR headlight (thanks again Dutchy!) and enlarged it to actual size.

post-26810-0-60780600-1371315666.jpg

You can also see that the "horns" of the fairing edges needs to be rounded off.

I cut out a template in cardboard to mark the fairing, I will then use sheet ABS to close the openings to correct size.

post-26810-0-75432700-1371315653.jpg

I also found fog lights that fit beautifully in the fairing.

post-26810-0-21436500-1371315676.jpg

A bargin at 30€! (Biltema = K-mart for cars)

post-26810-0-67261700-1371315684.jpg

I hope I get some more moments in the garage soon...this is so much FUN! :happy:

attachicon.gif20130601_19.JPG

That can quite easily be "simulated" by sand carving. Rayzist has some really nice systems that let you burn your own resist/mask using a program like Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint, Paint Shop Pro, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sandcarving

• Member Contributer

Looking good :) I'm sure you've thought of this but be careful using that picture as a template for your headlights. Cameras... unless you are using the correct focal length will distort the perspective unfortunately. Measurements would be very helpful in this case. Or a traced outline, cause we all know how easy it is to find a local NR 750 to draw on.

Looking good :) I'm sure you've thought of this but be careful using that picture as a template for your headlights. Cameras... unless you are using the correct focal length will distort the perspective unfortunately. Measurements would be very helpful in this case. Or a traced outline, cause we all know how easy it is to find a local NR 750 to draw on.

You are qite right.

Fortunately Dutchy has one near by.

post-26810-0-10472500-1371364823.jpg

He has kindly supplied me with pictures with a measuring tape involved. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Here's what you need...

post-362-0-67926600-1371519440.jpg

I have it on good authority that David Silver Spares (used to) have one of these for sale. Alas, no longer. Note the extra button on the lower left. Only UK-spec NRs had switchable MPH/KM instrumentation (for those long European tours British owners of NRs were apparently expected to undertake!) :wink:

Ciao,

Here's what you need...

I have it on good authority that David Silver Spares (used to) have one of these for sale. Alas, no longer. Note the extra button on the lower left. Only UK-spec NRs had switchable MPH/KM instrumentation (for those long European tours British owners of NRs were apparently expected to undertake!) :wink:

Ciao,

Wow...is it for sale?

the little lamps in the ducts are very groovy. I love these kinda projects. I need to get better at diving in and being creative. Go cat go!

• Member Contributer

apples from the same tree.................

post-8974-0-64880500-1371828645.jpg

Arie was not available; will ask him next time if he has a spare instrument cluster in his parts warehouse............ :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Here's what you need...

Ciao,

Wow...is it for sale?

Not that I am aware of. But www.bike-parts.fr is showing the main part (excluding the speedometer display) as still "available" for the princely sum of EUR2,175. CMS in NL gives a price of EUR 4,574 for the complete assembly, but it's currently unavailable. The carbon fibre surround is EUR2,700 at bike-parts.fr, and a relative bargain at CMS at EUR1,740...

DSS used to buy up stock from dealers who were going out of business or just wanted to clear inventory. I remember when they used to have NR bodywork and things like wheels and even frames. I was all set to buy the one-piece seat/tank cover for about UKP1,200 + VAT, but it sold before I could work up the courage! It is now much, much cheaper to buy a complete J-spec NR than to buy spare parts for one...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Here's what you need...

Ciao,

Wow...is it for sale?

Not that I am aware of. But www.bike-parts.fr is showing the main part (excluding the speedometer display) as still "available" for the princely sum of EUR2,175. CMS in NL gives a price of EUR 4,574 for the complete assembly, but it's currently unavailable. The carbon fibre surround is EUR2,700 at bike-parts.fr, and a relative bargain at CMS at EUR1,740...

Ciao,

I *was* going to ask my dealer if he holds spare parts for his NR, but at the above prices I will give that a miss...... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Euro.............. ex 21% VAT....................

so unless Andreas is filthy rich (in which case he would have bought a NR..), OEM 4th Gen clockwork it is..... :goofy:

Archived