1998 Lcd Display Problems

robbo

Hi

I'm having minor issues with my LCD display, basically I can't set the clock or change/reset the trip counter, was thinking of getting a new one but just wanted to know if the mileage on the LCD is stored on the LCD itself? or is it stored in the ECU?

Don't want to get a new LCD if the mileage is going to be wrong.

Many Thanks

• Member Contributer

My guess would be that the odometer counter is in the clocks, not the PGM-FI unit, but that's just my "feeling"! The late Dave (GreenVFR on the UK HondaVFRClub) used to be able to re-set VFR odos, and I think he worked on the clocks, not the PGM-FI. Have you had a look at the circuit board on the back? UK winters allegedly cause havoc with them, but they can be fixed.

Ciao,

My guess would be that the odometer counter is in the clocks, not the PGM-FI unit, but that's just my "feeling"! The late Dave (GreenVFR on the UK HondaVFRClub) used to be able to re-set VFR odos, and I think he worked on the clocks, not the PGM-FI. Have you had a look at the circuit board on the back? UK winters allegedly cause havoc with them, but they can be fixed.

Ciao,

It all started when I took the clocks off to clean the bike, when I looked at the back all of the Circuit board was corroded and I had all sorts of problems getting them to work again, I had to solder in about 3 places to bridge broken connectors, The only thing still not working is the trip counter but I can live with that if it's going to be a major issue.

Thanks for your replys

Archived