Just Ordered Delkevic Oval Carbon Fibre Silencer

RodneyBR

There was a guy who did a whole write-up about them somewhere in here on his 5th gen, quality was good but the link pipe from the header was kinda funky. From I've gathered from here and other places on the net, they are good for the price.

• Member Contributer

Short and loud. Baffles are/were sold separately and some pipes come predrilled for the set screw to hold the baffle - others come solid and you have to drill your own. Seems to be a random kind of thing. They are shipped from a local shop here in the area, Steele's Cycle in Englewood, CO.

http://www.steelescycle.com/

Short and loud. Baffles are/were sold separately and some pipes come predrilled for the set screw to hold the baffle - others come solid and you have to drill your own. Seems to be a random kind of thing. They are shipped from a local shop here in the area, Steele's Cycle in Englewood, CO.

http://www.steelescycle.com/

I emailed them about the baffles and said they now come with them installed. We'll see.

Received pipes and they came with baffle screw hole predrilled :)

I installed the baffles and the pipes sound fantastic. Here's a pic. I'll get a video up later.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

post-23906-13648695242702.jpg

• 2 months later...

I was just looking at this set on ebay, and watched Rodney's YouTube video of before & after with the baffles installed. Great looking set, plus the price is good IMO.

Any idea if these will accommodate the factory luggage brackets? I'm guessing yes, as it appears the ovals are up/down instead of seated with the oval wider across. I'm also curious if they'll fit with the stock license plate bracket still attached, as it was removed on the two bikes in the photos I've seen of this system so far.

I'd like to upgrade to a CF set of cans, but they'd have to be compatible with the hard bag brackets, plus I really want the retain the up-pipe heat shield, though I suspect I could get a local shop to weld a mounting bracket on the new pipe and use the original shield.

Archived