Accent Lighting

Guest lillriko

I have put accent led lights on my 99 and it only cost me about 60.00 and an evening installing them.

I have red under glow in the front fender for the wheel, under the rear end to light up the rear wheel, inside the upper cowl to give a nice glow down the front of the bike and lastly inside the side fairing giving off a nice glow out the vent openings.

I ran everything into a switch just under the rear subframe so that it is easy to reach under and turn them on or off.

Sorry no pics at this time.

Snakeman

• Member Contributer

Illegal in Az to have them on unless the bike is parked. At least that's what I have heard...from a cruiser guy at a bike night. I was temped when I was riding my cruiser all the time to do that.

May wanna check Co's laws. :wink:

Gotta stay away from the red and blue! But other than that never heard of anyone having any trouble. Most police officers understand how important being seen on a moto at night is.

• Member Contributer

I think they outlawed the under body lights on cars in Ohio. I think that carried over to motorcycles too.

If night visibility is the goal, I would first look into a Hi-Viz helmet, and then doing the GSXR mirror conversions (running lights in the mirrors). The accent lights won't be bright enough to be very noticeable over the headlight, and they will only help when you are next to someone, not behind or in front.

I've wanted to this to my bike. It is asphalt black. I wanted to use red lights. But I thought it would be cool to find a way to link it to the tach or throttle so that the light increased as the RPM increased. Almost as if the glow was being produced by the powerplant.

I've wanted to this to my bike. It is asphalt black. I wanted to use red lights. But I thought it would be cool to find a way to link it to the tach or throttle so that the light increased as the RPM increased. Almost as if the glow was being produced by the powerplant.

You would need to find a way to attach the power to a potentiometer... Would be cool to see, but probably a pain to actually hook up.

• Member Contributer

Thinking of doing this to my bike. Has anyone here done accent lighting on their bikes? I think this would be a great way to be seen at night!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iOS-Remote-WiFi-Control-Motorcycle-180-LED-Light-Harley-Honda-Suzuki-ATV-Boat-/261157848425?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cce388569

Roll another one. :tongue:

I have them on my bike and use them often when I ride to work in the super early morning or very late at nite. What I have noticed is you are able to be seen from the sides. I opted for them one day I was driving at nite a bike went by I didn't see him from the side at all, his headlights had already past. No problems with police. Mine are red sorta just make my red bike glow totally hidden. I just feel safer.. still do reflective jacket helmet etc...Just my 2cents story

Archived