Guest davjohns

Guest davjohns

Just received my pair yesterday. First impression is that it is quality merchandise. Came well packaged with two USB cords for charging, two auto type chargers, extra mic noise reducing foam, wind screen for mics, hex wrenches, velcro, double sided tape, additional cords for connecting non bluetooth music devices, mics, mounts and control units. The manual is very nice, but I pulled up the PDF version to search for things easier.

I installed it without the instructions. Went fine. Took a few minutes while watching TV. My helmet had pockets for the speakers. I'm beginning to think I'm not the first to do this. :-)

The control unit charged up in less than two hours. It's supposed to give 10 to 13 hours of use after that.

It paired up with my tablet immediately. My tablet received voice commands easily, did speech recognition and had no problem receiving. The helmet supplied nice, loud and clear music from the tablet. Controls were easily figured out in a couple of minutes.

I haven't ridden with it, yet. There's too much snow and ice on the roads for me right now. Maybe this weekend. I'll post more after that.

So far, it appears I made a good choice. Got the pair new from ebay for about $230 shipped.

Just in case not known there are aux base plates available so you can use ear buds & cable mic (not the boom mic) it is the only thing that bugged me you can't buy the configuration you want out of the box. Also make sure you have latest firmware installed as every new firmware they get better (just go to web site everything needed to update is there latest verions)

I've got a pair of SMH10s, a pair of the helemt clamp kits with the two different mic options plus plug-in earbuds, and an SM10 so both the pillion and I can listen to the same music. I've ridden with the cellphone (Nokia N8) paired, listening to the music player on that, taken a phone call while riding (so easy!), and with both the cellphone and SM10 paired. This thing works so well!

The only thing I've found is that streaming music from my phone in heavy traffic, I get occasional clicks and pauses, presumably caused by momentarily picking up bluetooth signals from other phones(?)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I just ordered the SMH-5 on sale. I hope it's good!

I have two of the SMH5. They work great especially for rider/passenger scenario. Sometimes I wish I had the SMH10 for the extra range when riding with friends.

I just ordered the SMH-5 on sale. I hope it's good!

I have two of the SMH5. They work great especially for rider/passenger scenario. Sometimes I wish I had the SMH10 for the extra range when riding with friends.

Thanks! There on at motircycle-superstore.com

Archived