Second Annual Hog Tie - Sep 13-15, 2013 - Event Thread

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Hmmm, I have a father in Rodgers I haven't seen for a couple of years. Maybe it's time for a road trip.

Put me down as a tentative...I really want to ride the Pig Trail and make a similar trip as the 2010 trek to NY 1200 miles there and only 73 on interstate. Bill, you mind if I tag along?

Got you down!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Added some video clips from last year to post #1.

Watching these again... ugh... I might cheat and head over that way next month. Can't wait.

Seems like a few people are talking about showing up considerably early this year. This might turn in to quite the shin-dig.

• Member Contributer

I'm ripping up my Arkansas map trying to figure out how I string SR123, SR341 and SR263 into one continuous route… I need some more time w/ dutchinterceptor…

• Member Contributer

I think I'm in. Been wanting to get up there the last several years.

So if I have this right. We meet up Friday night for dinner. Ride all day Saturday, then everyone is travelling home on Sunday? Please correct.

• Member Contributer

Is there a cap to this event? This sounds liek a good time. The TMAC ride on Memorial Weekend is usually a good time too, but I probably can't make it this year and hoped for one later in the season.

• Member Contributer

So if I have this right. We meet up Friday night for dinner. Ride all day Saturday, then everyone is travelling home on Sunday? Please correct.

You will be sorry if you miss Friday riding. Get there Thursday night!

• Member Contributer

Ok. Just need to get Bertha's suspension sorted over the summer.

• Member Contributer

I just booked a room at the Hub see y'll there...

Gotcha!

Is there a cap to this event? This sounds liek a good time. The TMAC ride on Memorial Weekend is usually a good time too, but I probably can't make it this year and hoped for one later in the season.

No, there's no cap to this event as far as numbers of people going. There IS a limit to accomodations at The Hub however, they've only got 60 rooms (I think...) but there's a lot of lawn space available for camping, and of course there are other hotels in Harrison, only about 8 miles away.

The biggest benefit, for me at least, to using The Hub is that they are simply motorcyclist friendly. Randall and Debbie are riders themselves, so they don't mind a nightly bonfire and they keep a cooler of "donation only" beer available. The Hub is located in a dry county, but a wet county is only about 2 miles away. Having a hotel that's willing to have people stay up late and laugh a lot until the wee hours is really nice, or at least it was last year. They understand that it's mainly a social function, and love that atmosphere.

In fact, last year the Honda ST guys were out there the same weekend we were (Helloooooo V-phoria) and we all were forced to bear witness to a shirtless man in a light-up viking helmet riding his bike around the premises singing Opera. I haven't laught THAT hard in quite some time.

As much as I wish I could make TMAC, it's just not in the stars this year.

Officially, yes.

I'd like to throw together some group dinner Friday or Saturday night, but that's about it as far as official plans go (aside from rider groups). I know that myself and several others may make it a longer weekend this weekend by showing up early.

However, if you make it in Friday, ride Saturday and go home Sunday, that's the "official" Hog Tie.

Fact of the matter is, I have neither time nor inclination to really plan anything. I'm terrible at it. The goal of this meet is not to pay fifty bucks, get a t-shirt, do a raffle, get a patch and leave. The goal is to come ride some awesome roads and meet some good people. That's why I'm not asking any money for registration etc... If you want to make plans to come early or stay late, help yourself!

Based off last year, it would be a good idea to have plans made with a couple individuals for rider groups.

^ that's pretty good advice. LOL :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

There was some monster issue with the coding on the first post. It's been completely re-written.

Hopefully, I'm not coming off as a jerk about the schedule for the weekend, I just really don't want anyone to come on this ride and expect a full-on honest to God itenaray.

:unsure:

I'm going to ride, not be a vacation planner. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I'm ripping up my Arkansas map trying to figure out how I string SR123, SR341 and SR263 into one continuous route… I need some more time w/ dutchinterceptor…

You rang? Where is SR263?

• Member Contributer

Slight change of plans for me and VcFR. We are going to make it down Thursday afternoon instead of Friday morning due to the fact that the guys from work that planned on coming with us will not be able to make the event. Our leave bid was just completed at work and most of them are at the bottom of the seniority list, so, no go on the Hog Tie dates for them. However, they all got their days off for the BBB in Fayeteville. VcFR is still leaving on Sunday to go home and I am still staying the whole next week to play around out there and also meet up with the guys at the BBB. Since the guys from work are not going to make the Hog Tie I now have an extra room if anyone needs it. I booked 2 rooms from September 12th - 21st. Just let me know in the next couple of months so I can cancel the reservations if no one needs the room.

Jon,

VcFR is going to help out a little this year by getting some ID cards made up. I think this is a great idea for anyone that attends, just in case. However, it will be up to each individual attending to fill out the card and give it to your lead of the group that you will be riding with. We are all out there for a vacation. Also, we are finalizing some pretty good routes right now for anyone that wants to join a relaxed paced scenic group. We will volunteer to take that group out this year. Should be a blast.

• Member Contributer

If anybody is on the fence about coming to this event because they have never attended a group ride, do some reading in this thread. Read the information that BR has posted about riding at your own PACE and the ride rules and I assure you that you will have a good time. Come out and have some fun.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/73695-official-10th-annual-texasmac-thread-2013-may-23-27th/

• Member Contributer

Slight change of plans for me and VcFR. We are going to make it down Thursday afternoon instead of Friday morning due to the fact that the guys from work that planned on coming with us will not be able to make the event. Our leave bid was just completed at work and most of them are at the bottom of the seniority list, so, no go on the Hog Tie dates for them. However, they all got their days off for the BBB in Fayeteville. VcFR is still leaving on Sunday to go home and I am still staying the whole next week to play around out there and also meet up with the guys at the BBB. Since the guys from work are not going to make the Hog Tie I now have an extra room if anyone needs it. I booked 2 rooms from September 12th - 21st. Just let me know in the next couple of months so I can cancel the reservations if no one needs the room.

Jon,

VcFR is going to help out a little this year by getting some ID cards made up. I think this is a great idea for anyone that attends, just in case. However, it will be up to each individual attending to fill out the card and give it to your lead of the group that you will be riding with. We are all out there for a vacation. Also, we are finalizing some pretty good routes right now for anyone that wants to join a relaxed paced scenic group. We will volunteer to take that group out this year. Should be a blast.

Awesome! Thanks so much to you two for the help!

I like the ID card thing... had hoped to make something like that last year, but didn't have time to get it finished before the event.

The best part of 263 runs from Timbo north up to 14.

To connect 123, 263 and Push into one route is a good long day. Additionally, IMHO it includes the best 3 roads in AR; 123, 16 and Push.

Here is how to connect them...

7s from the hub to Jasper, 74e to 123s through Mt Judea, to 7s to Pelsor,16e to 27n to Marshall, 74e to 66 and Timbo, 263n to 14e to Push(341n). The return trip can be several different routes. Usually we turnaround and run Push back south and take 14 most of the way back.

Hmmm, I have a father in Rodgers I haven't seen for a couple of years. Maybe it's time for a road trip.

Put me down as a tentative...I really want to ride the Pig Trail and make a similar trip as the 2010 trek to NY 1200 miles there and only 73 on interstate. Bill, you mind if I tag along?

I was slow to check back on this thread. But if I can go, hell yes I'd like the company.

• Member Contributer

I was slow to check back on this thread. But if I can go, hell yes I'd like the company.

Gotcha down! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

The best part of 263 runs from Timbo north up to 14.

To connect 123, 263 and Push into one route is a good long day. Additionally, IMHO it includes the best 3 roads in AR; 123, 16 and Push.

Here is how to connect them...

7s from the hub to Jasper, 74e to 123s through Mt Judea, to 7s to Pelsor,16e to 27n to Marshall, 74e to 66 and Timbo, 263n to 14e to Push(341n). The return trip can be several different routes. Usually we turnaround and run Push back south and take 14 most of the way back.

Ah yeah, forgot about it. I rarely hit 263 anymore considering there are much better roads in the area. I agree, running 341 up and back is a must!! :fing02:

I would typically do something like the map below.(Eat your wheaties)

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=35.9689567,-93.0780018+to:36.0637814,-92.8607463+to:36.1562689,-92.702976+to:AR-341+N%2FPush+Mountain+Rd+to:Lancaster+Ave+to:35.930095,-92.353823+to:35.9899342,-92.50866+to:AR-27+S+to:35.7736693,-92.5254957+to:35.7711437,-92.8588793+to:AR-16+W+to:35.8762981,-93.0430647+to:35.942864,-93.114594+to:AR-7+Spur+S%2FCo+Rd+206&hl=en&ll=35.920196,-92.669678&spn=1.781588,4.183044&sll=35.916304,-92.355881&sspn=0.222716,0.522881&geocode=FVYLJwIdGgJz-g%3BFbzXJAIdD75z-ilTKY2u533OhzHyydZZcJU-HQ%3BFSVKJgIdtg53-ik3mAy8Bm7OhzEdQNb1pF4IbA%3BFWyzJwIdAHd5-ilVT59wAxTOhzFb2LoMIfhDeA%3BFdkcJwIdv5Z_-g%3BFexXIwIdVleC-g%3BFe8_JAId4cp--ik3BKia5PjRhzGzDbojhx2B3Q%3BFa4pJQIdDG58-ilZ2TwLzwPOhzG-jw5iAnKFnQ%3BFQDmIwIdlqV6-g%3BFeXcIQIdSSx8-inrxH41afnNhzEX90jnB-tejQ%3BFQfTIQIdARZ3-imHSYebitvNhzFP_47NYmbcZQ%3BFUIPIQIdsXhz-g%3BFcptIwIdiEZ0-inf07TCi9XNhzFrv-2PatD5OA%3BFdBxJAIdHi9z-ikdo0AFv4DOhzEiR4r6pWHVeA%3BFc0IJwId1g1z-g&mra=dpe&mrsp=6&sz=12&via=1,2,3,6,7,9,10,12,13&t=m&z=9">Full Size

• Member Contributer

Adam,

Looking forward to seeing you and Leslie again. Can we assume Kenny will be there again? He was a hoot to hang out with.

Please put me on the list.......Leslie and I will be there.

• Member Contributer

Dutch, I won't tell you what looking at your map does to me...

Let's just say I get weak in the knees...

I can't wait to get back over to some Arky goodness!

• Member Contributer

Adam,

Looking forward to seeing you and Leslie again. Can we assume Kenny will be there again? He was a hoot to hang out with.

Please put me on the list.......Leslie and I will be there.

I told him about it today.....im sure he'll go.

• Member Contributer

Hwy 87 just past Fifty-six (town on Hwy14) into Mountain Veiw is also a nice road too. Normally not as much traffic as Hwy 14

Loving the input from the local contingent. :beer:

Archived