6th Annual Catskills Fall Ride: October 5-7, 2012

SEBSPEED

Sorry for the late notice all.

It's that time of year again, the Fall Catskills ride is back again! We have a new location and new lodging this year! Looks like Mother Nature may have some mercy on us this year as well!

A special note... it has come to my attention that over the last few years there are members here who have chosen not to attend one or more of my rides because of the presence of one individual. I find this bothersome and so I would like to (finally) publicly say: Dino, you are not invited. Please do not come to my rides. I know this sounds horrible to those "not in the know" and I apologize for that. I can live with that if it means that the people I value more will attend.

Please accept my apology for the airing of grievances, and read on for ride details...

----------------------------------------------------------

Due to the unfortunate decline of the motel we used in the past, we have selected a new location that shows promise.

Here is the hotel info:

Red Ranch Motel

4555 Route 32

Catskill, N.Y. 12414

Info: 518-678-3380

Reservations: 1-800-962-4560

http://www.redranchmotel.com/

***Room rates are a bit higher than last year, holiday rate applies.***

***Also, due to the holiday weekend, there is a 2-night minimum charge***

Friday night = $78.00 + tax. (2 double beds)

Saturday night = $78.00 + tax (2 double beds)

-or-

Friday night = $88.00 + tax. (2 queen beds)

Saturday night = $88.00 + tax (2 queen beds)

This rate is for 1 or 2 people per room, no extra charges for 2nd person.

***Smoking & Non-Smoking available, only 6 smoking rooms total***

***This motel does not offer any breakfast or beverages, complimentary or otherwise.***

Some notes about this motel:

- it is easy to get to from north or south

- there is a decent restaurant within easy walking distance

- it is close to some good area roads

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not only is this thread good for counting heads, but it would be a good way to get together with someone to share a room.

Please post in this thread if you know you are attending, or think you may be attending.

List of attendees so far: (blue is with reservation)

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

Please keep general discussions about this ride in this thread:

Thanks!

More details coming, please stay tuned and ask any questions!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'll see you there.

List of attendees so far: (blue is with reservation)

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

I wanna go, but it depends on the white-shirts on the 3rd floor at work (Who are very displeased right now with "Sgt. Timmy-not a team player-Steffes" right now)

I have gotten to the point where the ride up is no big ordeal and I am sure it will be fun. Anyways it is physically impossible for it to be as wet as last year so sign up, you bastages.

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

4. timmythecop

• Member Contributer

Might as well sign up now. I'll sort out the 500 mile commute later.

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

4. timmythecop

5. YoshiHNS

Just a quick note I forgot to include earlier - the motel is not allowing me to reserve a block of rooms, so please, call to reserve at your earliest convenience.

I will edit my first post with this info later today.

• Member Contributer

How will Timmmaaay's girlfreind know where to go to bum a smoke?

How will the meal be delayed this year?

Seriously, if you have wondered about the roads around central NY or Woodstock you should attend this ride. You could not find a better group of guys to ride with and hang out with afterwards.

count me in, looking forward to exploring that area, just made reservations I haven't spent enough time on vfr this year and this falls between 2 big jobs perfectly, I'm not a fan of n.j. turnpike was thinking n.e. extension to 209 then up, any thoughts.

• Member Contributer

Seb,

I'm going to try to work this out & will confirm in a week or so. Fingers crossed. This is one I really look forward to each year.

Joe Bone for sure won't be going tho as he had his FZ6 stolen from his locked garage a few weeks back so he's without a pair of wheels at the current time...bastages!

• Member Contributer

Holiday weekend? Growing up in So. Fla. I had no idea Columbus Day was a holiday beyond getting a Monday off school in October. Occasionally I would get my birthday off as a result. Wasn't until The Sopranos came on that I had any idea it was actually a thing! Maybe only in NY/NJ?

Pencil me in.

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

4. timmythecop

5. YoshiHNS

6. KevCarver (sans Carver)

• Member Contributer

Holiday weekend? Growing up in So. Fla. I had no idea Columbus Day was a holiday beyond getting a Monday off school in October. Occasionally I would get my birthday off as a result. Wasn't until The Sopranos came on that I had any idea it was actually a thing!

Pencil me in.

Someone here made the mistake of thinking Columbus day was one of the days they got work off....

• Member Contributer

I will not be able to attend this year. Bummer!

Something I said?

Not from Seb but I seem to recall a near non stop barrage of pipe smoking comments, and some harrumph captions on certain FB pics...

• Member Contributer

I will not be able to attend this year. Bummer!

Something I said?

Not from Seb but I seem to recall a near non stop barrage of pipe smoking comments, and some harrumph captions on certain FB pics...

I seem to recall the phrase "pretentious bast*rd" being thrown about frequently....

Archived