Thoughts about the VFR 1200 power restrictions 1st & 2nd gear.

• Member Contributer

They all say that.

Live life to the max.

It is too short not to....

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

They all say that.

Live life to the max.

It is too short not to....

Which is when you crash and your insurance company tells you to f**k off :goofy:

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, regatillo said:

I thought about Bazzaaz but the idea of having a crash and the insurance company denying responsibility because of this modification was not appealing. Notice that Bazzaaz clearly says that this is not for open road use.

1 hour ago, Skids said:

Which is when you crash and your insurance company tells you to f**k off :goofy:

Strange, my 2 insurance reported crashes actually paid out more to cover fixing my non-road use parts.  Sorry chaps, sounds like some kind of EU bullshit to me...

it might or might not be EU bullshit, but if you have a crash and they find out that you have altered the safety measures of the vehicle, that will NOT help you.  Maybe it does not interfere but then, what is the reason for Bazzaz saying that this is only for track use and not street? ....mmmmm....

• Member Contributer

I would say the most likely reason for saying that the Bazzaz is not for street use is because it will alter the exhaust emissions.  While adding power may be construed as altering the safety measures of the bike, by that reasoning things like aftermarket automotive super/turbochargers and tuning chips (both road legal in certain cases) could be used as reasoning to deny a claim.  While I've never personally heard of this happening, I'm sure that if the insurance company can find significant proof that an aftermarket power adder contributed to the loss, then coverage may be denied.  Again, I have zero experience with European insurance though so YMMV.

• Member Contributer

In the UK, when you request a quote for insurance, they ask you a (long) string of questions which include any modifications to the bike from standard. If you are honest, they will usually hike up the premium if you have "performance enhancing mods", if you are less than honest and don't mention some things then you have a crash, if their investigator discovers something that you haven't declared, the insurance company may be able to deny any claim.

Archived