99 VFR Replacement tach/speedo unit

Guest Paul67

Guest Paul67

My regulator got fried and took a few things with it. Looks like I have everything back to normal except my speedo unit needs to be replaced. Im not having an easy time tracking one down. Struck out on kijiji and ebay. It has a mph one on there now but would prefer a kph replacement since I live in Canada. Was also curious if my total kilometers would be reset when I put a new unit in?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you get a new LCD unit, it will show whatever miles or kilometers were on it when taken off the donor bike.

There is a fellow on the UKvfr forum who can re-jig the odometer to read the correct miles/klicks on your bike. He can also convert your LCD to show either miles or klicks, no matter the country of origin.

I forget his screen name. Ask around. Maybe JZH would know, as he spends some time over there:

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/

• Member Contributer

I know who you mean, but he's no longer on that site. His name is Dave (formerly "greenvfr"), but come to think of it I think I last saw him a few years ago on VFRD! It was in a thread about the A&A kit on a 5th-gen (I think he installed one of the first ones in the UK--sadly, not for himself, but for someone else). Finally, I don't know if he still does odometer correction, but it's worth asking him if you can track him down!

Ciao,

• 5 years later...

Since this topic is so appropriate, I thought I'd carry on here rather than start a new one.

I'm putting together a bike with a dash from another so the odometer reading will be wrong. Therefore I'm looking for someone who can correct the mileage for a set of 6th Gen gauges. I found this thread and had a look at greenvfr's profile, but no email. I've sent a pm but as he's not visited the site in 5 years I suspect he won't receive it. Anyone got better contact details for him and/or suggest anyone else in the UK who could do this?

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately, Dave is no longer with us.  I don't know of anyone who can do it, but it is evidently not impossible.

Ciao,

Archived