Fire Information / Updates

• Member Contributer

I couldn't help but notice that there are a LOT of fires this year potentially near areas I am wishing to ride.

I searched around for quite a while to try to find a site that gave updates at a glance what fires are burning where and how out of control each may be.

Here's what I found:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/30/waldo-canyon-fire-2012-st_n_1639836.html

If anyone local to the areas have anything to add about areas that others may want to avoid, please add in.

So far I am pretty ignorant on what areas might not be accessible or have been destroyed, other than the areas that were in the news where people lost homes. Thoughts and prayers to those who were affected by this unfortunate turn of events.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the additional info guys. Yeah it looked to me like things had quieted down but I did not want to assume that those areas were all OK.

As of right now, there is no fire danger, or route concerns due to fire, in western Colorado. Current weather patterns are pleasant evenings, beautiful mornings continuing through early afternoon, followed by afternoon cloudiness with scattered showers. We call it the monsoon season, which starts after July 4 most years. Or to put it simply, riding is great!

Archived