Thread For Ride Planning To / From SumSum2

I'm sending this post to my wife. She already said I could go, you know her some of you, she's a sweetheart. We do have some other plans and well ... stay tuned.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choco !! I'll buy you your choice of IPA after each day of riding :) You were born to ride !! Join us !!

You guys really know my weakness. By the way, that's the most pristine garage I've ever seen.

• Member Contributer

I'm sending this post to my wife. She already said I could go, you know her some of you, she's a sweetheart. We do have some other plans and well ... stay tuned.

Choco is coming to the sssuuummmiiitt!!! :cheerleader: Choco is coming to the sssuuummmiiitttt! :bliss:

You should touch base with COS_VFR if you need a room. I think he still has an extra reservation. Unless you are bunking in with Q-Dawg & Jfviffer

• Member Contributer

Not sure what all the fuss over this miserable old bugger is about anyway!!!!!

• Member Contributer

If anybody is coming up through Denver or Colorado Springs we can hook up and ride in together to Montrose, I am sure I can cook up a great route there on the fly Tuesday 14th.

I'll be in Denver on Monday night for the Iron Maiden concert. music-rocker-001.gif What time will you and Bill leave Colorado Springs? Or, can you suggest a time and town for me to join up with you?

Which reminds me that if anyone is coming in from the east on Sunday night, let me know. I plan on jetting across Kansas from the early AM on Monday to make my concert that evening. It'll probably be an I-70 cannonball.

Gentlemen,

I plan on heading west from Panama, NE Friday or Saturday the 10 or 11th to visit an old friend in the Buena Vista area . I would love to try and meet up with guys and ride in to Montrose on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Mike

^^ Because the old bugger can sniff out the best brew pubs in all the land. :fing02:

And because...while you guys are watching the road I'm watching all of you...There is a handful,, of you that are just a thing of beauty to watch ride, so effortless and smooth...That ols bugger is definately one of them !! Plus his life is rich with happiness...good energy to be around...It's contagious ...((and yes, I've met your lovely wife Choco, she's an absolute doll and makes an honest man out of you)...

OK enough gush and mush !!!

Let's R I D E !!!!!!!!!!

Tammy your kind words are making it painful for me to say this, but I don't think I'm going to make it this year. I've been putting off the final decision until today, but just can't swing the days off with so much on my plate this summer. Perhaps I can catch up with you guys when you come back north through Washington.

Stay in touch, keep posting as I'll be following closley with tears in my eyes.

Have a great trip and be safe all of you.

Lee

CVVFR & I will be doing 400+ mile days to take care of the 'travel to' in hopefully 3 days (Fri/Sat/Sun), keeping the Monday as a buffer.

The plan for pre meet, getting there.

http://goo.gl/maps/Yz22

Didit,

Jill and I will be heading SW(ish) from the Seattle area Saturday morning and it looks like we might cross/catch-up somwhere near McCall Idaho. Choco is probablly gonna be right behind us also (He heads out Sunday morning) PM me your contact info if you interested in a tag-along.

Thanx, Dean

• Member Contributer

If anybody is coming up through Denver or Colorado Springs we can hook up and ride in together to Montrose, I am sure I can cook up a great route there on the fly Tuesday 14th.

I'll be in Denver on Monday night for the Iron Maiden concert. music-rocker-001.gif What time will you and Bill leave Colorado Springs? Or, can you suggest a time and town for me to join up with you?

Which reminds me that if anyone is coming in from the east on Sunday night, let me know. I plan on jetting across Kansas from the early AM on Monday to make my concert that evening. It'll probably be an I-70 cannonball.

Gentlemen,

I plan on heading west from Panama, NE Friday or Saturday the 10 or 11th to visit an old friend in the Buena Vista area . I would love to try and meet up with guys and ride in to Montrose on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike,

I am suspecting that we will be coming in south of Buena Vista on 50, so maybe a good place to meet you will be in Salida. That will be south of you and a slight back track east on 50. There is also a gas station where 285 runs into 50 that could work. It is also possible that we will take 24 to 285, which will put us right near Buena Vista to meet you.

Miguel will let us know what time he is leaving the Springs with Lee. Once we know that we will be able to give you a decent ETA and meeting location.

Bill

Tammy your kind words are making it painful for me to say this, but I don't think I'm going to make it this year. I've been putting off the final decision until today, but just can't swing the days off with so much on my plate this summer. Perhaps I can catch up with you guys when you come back north through Washington.

Stay in touch, keep posting as I'll be following closley with tears in my eyes.

Have a great trip and be safe all of you.

Lee

Awww mannn.....

I can't be the only irresponsible VFR rider from Washington, willing to shirk work for a week, to hang out with fellow industriouslessness (is that a word?) knee draggers that would eschew the daily grind, in favor of grinding hard parts!

Choco, that is one tough call, I don't envy you. Stay in touch though, 'cause on our way back in on Saturday (18th) we are riding from E. Washington to Mukilteo for a picinic put on by our sport bike club; XLSR. It would be great to hook up with you again and hang out on Saturday. Who knows someone with your IPA skills might come in handy as a part of our club :idea3:

• Member Contributer

Hi guys,

Didit and I just arrived in McCall. Great roads so far. Tammy were are you guys?

• Member Contributer

Hi guys,

Didit and I just arrived in McCall. Great roads so far. Tammy were are you guys?

We are still at home we don't need no more than a few days to get there. :smile: i think i saw you guys on hwy 20 yesterday around 2pm heading east from Tonasket WA, sure looked like tonys blue bike you guys were going to fast to wave down.

signed the trailer Queens. :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Craig well be in draper UT sunday evening then over to cedaredge co for monday night.. and well see you guys in montrose before lunch

Hi guys,

Oops... Looks like I miscalculated the launch date :-) Jill and I won't be through there until Sunday, we leave in the morning. We'll see ya in Co.

• Member Contributer

We are off......

Mr and Mrs Axel_7 have our mobile numbers to text of you need to reach myself or Mrs Q-Dawg

We are towing down to SLC and will have vehicle / tools/ some parts for possible support if anyone gets in a bind or possibly needs a tow, etc.

See you all there.

Safe travels

Q&E

• Member Contributer

Fellow riders, just made a fun loop in Colorado. If next week is anything like last week be prepared for some unusual high heat!

Grand Junction was very hot last Tuesday. Plenty of Gatorade and water save the adult drinks for the evening. Have as much FUN as I did on our loop from Cortez to South Fork, around 700 miles!!!

• Member Contributer

CVVFR & I just arrived in Montpelier, ID after 464 hot miles. Radar detector paid for itself 3 times today.

Hot and good, lots of fun roads out of McCall, but then long flat for the last 200 miles.

We'll be heading out in the AM on the last leg to Montrose.

Keep the posts coming and everyone have a great ride down. We'll have the HQ ready for you when you arrive.

Running a US cell but really sporadic connection (AT&T) stands for at times & trying - if you need to reach me by call or text.

509-322-4719

• Member Contributer

Just landed in Red Lodge MT, fun roads start tomorrow after slabing 600 miles today

I got a text from Panamawing that he has arrived in Buena Vista, CO and has been tearing up the roads in that area including Mt. Evans and all the passes from SumSum1.

His intention is to join with Slammer, RedDog and myself on Tuesday and ride toward Montrose.

I'm in Colorado outside Colorado Springs at my brothers house as we speak. My Nephew has offered me the use of his 08 CBR600rr for me to run up to the SumSum2 on, but 3 days days on that bike might kill this old man! He also has a F4i which might be a much more comfy ride, not as racy.

Thinking of heading up Wed. and back Friday.

BR

Archived