New MRA Touring for 3G

mk2davis

• Member Contributer

I recently bought a MRA Touring windscreen for my beloved 3rd gen. I was so excited to receive it from Twisted Throttle after two months. It's not their fault, its coming from Germany. The MRA is a bit thinner than OEM and I felt better installing some nylon washers. Other than that, the change was painless. It changed the look a bit, kinda like an alien from the Alien movies. Or an early 80's Katana.

The ride is the important part. Shrug. It's alright. Instead of my chest, air hits me mid helmet. I put a little more weight on the clip ons, but it is a little quieter. Not quite the change I was looking for, but I did notice that I was riding everywhere a lot faster. I don't have mpg numbers yet, but I will report if requested.

For statistics sake, I'm 5'8" and haven't ridden two up yet. The above was noted with a tank bag and soft saddlebags. I know pics would help, if you tell me what you want I'll do it.

A side shot and front shot......... back off enough so we can see bike parts and the shield...... it'll give us reference points / handle bars aimed straight.......

You asked :tour:

I find med helmet works real well, that's where mine is, For me the sweat spot for the wind is to hit at the bottom of the face shield..good for sound and buffeting, & dispersing water........ Only neg is it collects bugs......... wind hitting just under helmet is noisy.......chest area is a different kind of quiet.

• Member Contributer

Pics are coming. Spend much of my time after work helping with Bonneville streamliner. Oh, the horror . . .

• Member Contributer

Fuel economy has gone from 40 to 43ish (42-45), but truth be told I also did a round of spark plug changes. Everythings great, but more weight is being put on shoulders. I know this should mean more support with the core. Should . . .

Archived