Arkansas in September - Reserve Your Spot NOW! Sep 21 through 23

Yokel

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the queue :tour: ...room booked.

Glad your gonna make it and a spirited pace can be a lot of fun around these here parts!

VFR or Ninja?

more than likely the VFR

• Member Contributer

So I guess I'm the only one camping so far? Anyone else wanting to leave from the Oklahoma City area (or anywhere along the way) early on Friday? FYI there will be a group of ST1300 guys there from ST-Owners.com the same weekend. I've met a couple of those guys and they seem nice enough...

I actually *might* be leaving earlier than initially stated... stay tuned.

Is there going to be a join-up with the Tulsa group?

• Member Contributer

Am I still the only one riding two-up on this trip?............hope ya'll can hear me screaming, "don't leave me behind"

• Member Contributer

I will most likely be 2up on Saturday and Sunday. She likes to run a pretty good pace though.

Mine also does, but we are limited to a slower pace due to my lack of talent and fear :wheel:

• Member Contributer

List updated! Group's growing!

2th- I'd be down for meeting the Tulsa guys somewhere, guess we'd just need to pick a spot.

Suggestions anyone?

Meeting up probably won't work for me since I won't be able to leave Owasso until 3:00 Friday. You guys will probably be in the good stuff before then.

• Member Contributer

Was just curious about T town guys since it seems like there may be a few hooligans from up there...LOL. I am still leaning towards an earlier departure Friday to miss the Siloam Springs/Springdale traffic and getting a good camping spot. Hope one or two others want to leave early too. I'm counting on "gswanson" but he is at Sum Sum and isn't a for sure yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Well gentlemen, if you dont mind, I believe I would like to tag along for this one.

I'm down for some camping rain or shine. I might not be the fastest rider (or really even close) but I would enjoy the company and most definently the scenery.

Maybe I could tag along with the OKC guys, I am in Denton, so not more then a few hours north to catch up with you guys. I can leave with the early or late group, whoever wants some company... :491:

• Member Contributer

Welcome aboard! The more the merrier ... :D

• Member Contributer

Well gentlemen, if you dont mind, I believe I would like to tag along for this one.

I'm down for some camping rain or shine. I might not be the fastest rider (or really even close) but I would enjoy the company and most definently the scenery.

Maybe I could tag along with the OKC guys, I am in Denton, so not more then a few hours north to catch up with you guys. I can leave with the early or late group, whoever wants some company... :491:

You're in!

• Member Contributer

Two words for fairly inexpensive, functional rain gear....Frogg Toggs.

• Member Contributer

Pumped... Now time to find saddle bags... and hopefully/ maybe rain gear... Excuses to spend money I dont need too, score! :woohoo:

It's funny some of us are kinda HOPING for rain... stupid droughts.

If you're looking for a decent saddle bag set, hard to go wrong with Nelson-Rigg stuff.

2th is right about the frogg-toggs too, but to be honest, I wouldn't mind a 5 hour drenching downpour. Hahaa!

• Member Contributer

Only OK for rain on the ride over...I want dry tarmac for the twisties.

If you're looking for a decent saddle bag set, hard to go wrong with Nelson-Rigg stuff.

Funny you mention this, I went to my cycle shop and had them order in a set of the 905's sport touring bags for me to take a look at. I didnt understand though, why is the 950 classic $40 more, for no visible difference or size increase? All I can tell is there is a water bottle holder...

And it also looks like I will be recieving a set of frog togs before the trip. Pretty stoked.

• Member Contributer

Oh damn.

Couldn't do SS2 because they schedule a Monday - Friday ordeal and even with the new baby my wife gave me permission to go if I really wanted to. This is only 13.5 hours from Albuquerque so if I trailer queened it on Thursday and headed back on Sunday that would give me 2 days of prime riding time in banjo land. Ugh...soooooo tempting as I am dying for a nice ride. I will have to see how things pan out next month as I have a family reunion the first weekend of October....

There's no registration for this event correct? I plan on truck camping if I can pull this off so just stay upwind of me for the weekend and we will be fine. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Vanion2 you should come if at all possible...the roads in Arkansas are probably the most under rated in the south due to the attention the Blue Ridge and Appalachians get. You could even park your rig at my place (Yukon is right off US66 and I-40 & just west of OKC ) and ride out with me.

So with considerations of the drive north to OKC being 3 hrs to meet with a group for a 5 hour ride east, and that I have no long road trip experience... Does anyone know of a decent place to camp out the night before by the OKC meeting point that I can then meet up with you guys in the AM? Try to do this smart you know...

• Member Contributer

Oh damn.

Couldn't do SS2 because they schedule a Monday - Friday ordeal and even with the new baby my wife gave me permission to go if I really wanted to. This is only 13.5 hours from Albuquerque so if I trailer queened it on Thursday and headed back on Sunday that would give me 2 days of prime riding time in banjo land. Ugh...soooooo tempting as I am dying for a nice ride. I will have to see how things pan out next month as I have a family reunion the first weekend of October....

There's no registration for this event correct? I plan on truck camping if I can pull this off so just stay upwind of me for the weekend and we will be fine. :goofy:

No, there's no official registration. However, I will likely make some name laminated "dog tags" for people to wear on lanyards to help with the "You're who?" thing that happens, as well as emergency contact information for a "just in case"

As far as camping goes, Debbie at the Hub Hotel is the contact to reserve a spot. I don't think there's an up-front cost as I'm sure they keep their reservations on a series of post-it notes in the men's room or something. ;) Just give her a call. The "camping area" is a grassy spot near the trees on the north side of the hotel... or anywhere else you can stick a tent I'm sure. Camping is $15.00 a night.

I'm hoping for it to be a "come as you are on whatever you've got" type of ride, just a chance to meet some of you glorious goons from VFRD and any of your non-VFR buddies you care to bring along. The big goal is to get together with a group of good folks for a day or two of twisties and laughs. This event is organized on the website, but not specific to it. Friends/Family are welcome.

I don't know about everyone else, but with my current schedule for this weekend it looks like I'll be leaving Pop's 66 (Arcadia, OK) at 8:00am the 21st, arriving at the Hub around 1-2pm.

Archived