Arkansas in September - Reserve Your Spot NOW! Sep 21 through 23

Yokel

• Member Contributer

I just realized I have a project scheduled for the fall that will prevent me from attending this year. I am disappointed. Perhaps next time.

Safe Riding Everyone.

Bah, sorry to hear that Max.

Everyone else, please check the list on the first post and advise me if I've got your name in the right spot. Once again, Debbie at the hub has rooms set aside, just call her to get your name on the list. There's a wedding and some other Honda group at the hotel that weekend, so we've got 10 rooms reserved... can bump that up if needed but we need to be pretty quick about it.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Keep an eye on POST #1 please... I'm condensing a lot of additional information to that post for simplicity.

• Member Contributer

Provisionally, I am in. I should have recovered financially from the Sum Sum by then.

Sweet! Glad to hear it! Might try and ride out from OKC with a group if anyone is interested. Think we have 3 from the metro that are going.

I spent 4 days in Harrison earlier this summer and the best way I can sum up our adventure would be that the roads are 80-90% as good as TN/NC with 10-15% of the traffic (bikes, cars or LEOs). We hit traffic one time and that was only because of construction on 7 past the Hub turn off. Pick up the Motorcycling Arkansas pamphlet from the hotel and check out the Peel's Ferry route. Once you take the ferry across and continue northward, break away from the planned route and stay on 125 a little longer through Missouri, it's a great run. I'd also recommend the DD and I think it's route 341, that was awesome. Mountain Home is also a great stopping point for a break, lunch, etc.

You really can't go wrong anywhere in that area, but be mindful of the critters - especially turtles!!! We saw more of those than anything else. Few deer, dogs, and the normal fare...the turtles were a trip, hah.

Ride safe, it's a great area.

• Member Contributer

Be sure to stop for homemade pie at Cody's in Fifty-Six, Arkansas on the Slymore Scenic Byway (AR14)

• Member Contributer

You really can't go wrong anywhere in that area, but be mindful of the critters - especially turtles!!! We saw more of those than anything else. Few deer, dogs, and the normal fare...the turtles were a trip, hah.

Ride safe, it's a great area.

I could swear I saw an Elk when I was there. Didn't see many turtles.

The ride pamphlet was really great for advice for sure, made it really easy to see some of the better routes. :)

• Member Contributer

Plenty of elk up there but rarely see them. There's no shortage of wildlife.

Deer can be plentiful in the early morning but not so much in the afternoon.

Deer-116.jpg

Stray dogs are a big issue.

Coyote-100.jpg

This bear walked across about two seconds in front of a sportbiker going flat out. Guy never saw it.

Bear-101.jpg

Worst of all are the locals.

HomePagePhotos-1-2.jpg

• Member Contributer

Stray dogs are a big issue.

Coyote-100.jpg

That dog looks suspiciously like a coyote. haha!

Wow! Didn't know there were bears around. Good to know! I used to bump in to those guys all the time in New Mexico when I was camping. :ohmy:

• Member Contributer

Anyone bringing there wife?

Yokel, I just got the conformation that my buddy (David) is for sure going. Still waiting to see if my friend Justin is coming. Hope it doesn't rain....

• Member Contributer

Anyone bringing there wife?

Yokel, I just got the conformation that my buddy (David) is for sure going. Still waiting to see if my friend Justin is coming. Hope it doesn't rain....

Updated with David on the list. I may have a buddy or two tag along as well... they ride triumphs, but you guys are forgiving, right?

• Member Contributer

Hey Yokel, +1 more his name is Justin. I also check the Almanac going back through the last 5years and almost 0.00 rain for sept 21-23. :smile:

• Member Contributer

Hey Yokel, +1 more his name is Justin. I also check the Almanac going back through the last 5years and almost 0.00 rain for sept 21-23. :smile:

Awesome! I'll add Justin to the list. The almanac didn't take one thing into consideration... I'll be there this time. :dry:

• Member Contributer

Awesome! I'll add Justin to the list. The almanac didn't take one thing into consideration... I'll be there this time. :dry:

Same here, every time I go to Arkansas on a group ride I get soaked.......anyone remember April 2010 Arkansas meet?

I am all in! Considering I live about 2 miles from the Hub. :tongue:

I do not own a GPS, but do not need one for any of the AR twisty bits...so I will be glad to offer route advice. The delimma for this short trip will be trying to decide which route to take on Saturday. Too many must do roads to cover!

I like to ride a SPIRITED pace through the good national forest roads. If I need to lead a group...lets ride!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and ridin some good twisty bits on the VFR.

• Member Contributer

I am all in! Considering I live about 2 miles from the Hub. :tongue:

I do not own a GPS, but do not need one for any of the AR twisty bits...so I will be glad to offer route advice. The delimma for this short trip will be trying to decide which route to take on Saturday. Too many must do roads to cover!

I like to ride a SPIRITED pace through the good national forest roads. If I need to lead a group...lets ride!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and ridin some good twisty bits on the VFR.

Great! Got you listed on post #1, thanks for volunteering to lead a group! :tour:

• Member Contributer

Still planning on this. Hoping the heat is going to break by then for camping. Will probably hook up with the group at Pop's, but why so late in the morning?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have been twice. I had a wonderful time. I second the great roads with low traffic and no police. Some of my absolute best MC memories from both trips.

An old video, but:

th_341.jpg

th_123.jpg

• Member Contributer

Still planning on this. Hoping the heat is going to break by then for camping. Will probably hook up with the group at Pop's, but why so late in the morning?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If I can get free AND if the temps are acceptable then I would consider doing the camping bit.

Archived