'93 750 VFR Street Fighter Project

Guest StreetfighterX

Question

Guest StreetfighterX

i bought a '93 VFR 750, and is interested in Streetfighting it, and has no idea what is compatible with my bike. I am open for advice and recommendation. I wanted to upgrade the Engine, but not sure if it is a good idea. and also i was looking at a few mods done to some bike http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/62316-my-3rd-gen-frankenviffer/ & http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/66272-my-modified-vfr/

and I am impressed at what they did.

I will appreciate any help i get.

Thank you in advance.

post-25357-0-61094400-1340492943.jpg

post-25357-0-93823600-1340492974.jpg

post-25357-0-45895800-1340493157.jpg

17 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the Atlantic :tour:

That looks like a serious challenge.... especially when new to motorcycles. But money and or time will make anything possible.

• Member Contributer

You really have your work cut out for you there. Good Luck.

My gut sank when Seb said good luck.

• Member Contributer

Check out www.customfighters.com for fighter specific info. I think some guys from here are on over there as well... at least sebspeed is.

• Member Contributer

I will appreciate any help i get.

Wait till winter arrives and plenty guys will volunteer to come over to your patch....

trinidad-and-tobago-country.jpg

If you got any more detailed pictures of your bike's components (ie engine, brakes) we might be able to give you more specific advice

• Member Contributer

where i live, there is now winter, i live in the caribbean

yes.. thats why dutchy said said that.. because winter hits HARD in his area !

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

What do you need to replace on the carbs? Might be easier just to buy the parts you need.

I don't know of a complete rebuild kit off the top of my head, but there is a guy, Billy Carr, who does a lot of the rebuilds. But he is in the states, and having carbs parts shipped to you is cheaper and safer than shipping your carbs here and back.

• Member Contributer

Hi

Take a look here: www.vsource.org.

In this site you can find very useful list of almost all Honda motorcycle models, ordered by PCM, commercial name and model name.

Crossing this infos can help you to find an Honda spare part that can substitute well another Honda part, if you buy spare parts on ebay, for example.

Hope this helpful.

Ciao, Luigi.

Archived