Exhaust photos and comments.

Guest ChristosGR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ive got the Arrow Darkline pipe installed. and I'm sort of disappointed at the exhaust note of the big girl.

At idle and up to about 4K it sounds awesome, but the roar up top is a new noise for me. I guess it takes some getting used to.

I have noticed at on the highway its rather quiet, which is a good thing for my sanity. but its just an odd exhaust note.

Like a bastard son of a BMW boxer, and something else I can't quite put my finger on

Fitted an Arrow can on my VFR1200. Fits really well and I love the sound of it. Done 4500 mile with it on and sound's better after about 1000 miles. Sound's much better than a mates Leo Vince.

• 1 year later...

Does any one have experience with the Arrow Exhaust and factory panniers? Are they compatible?

How about the GPR exhaust? Does anyone know if they are compatible with the factory panniers?

Finally, to those who has installed aftermarket exhaust cans, what is your experience with deceleration? Do you have crackling and popping? I have my '12 VFR 1200 set up as a sport tourer and would like the improved sound and a few extra dbs, but I do not want a lot of extra dbs and do not want the obnoxious crackling and popping on deceleration that my DL 1000 exhibited after I changed out the exhaust cans.

• Member Contributer

Does any one have experience with the Arrow Exhaust and factory panniers? Are they compatible?

How about the GPR exhaust? Does anyone know if they are compatible with the factory panniers?

Finally, to those who has installed aftermarket exhaust cans, what is your experience with deceleration? Do you have crackling and popping? I have my '12 VFR 1200 set up as a sport tourer and would like the improved sound and a few extra dbs, but I do not want a lot of extra dbs and do not want the obnoxious crackling and popping on deceleration that my DL 1000 exhibited after I changed out the exhaust cans.

I have the arrow exhaust. Works fine with OEM side cases. With db insert its just slightly louder than stock. No backfire on decel.

Archived