New and bigger OEM Honda Top Box (45 liter)

WELCOME Charles and yeah that's a bunch pizza carrying boxes.

Two full faced helmets and room for a couple water bottles, gloves and misc small stuff

Yea, its definitely a bigger box. I fit a lot more in mine too. Much better for carrying more stuff for longer trips. I do wish there was an easy way to swap the 45 liter and the 31 liter for shorter trips. Oh well. Maybe I'll just sell the 31 liter. Anyone want to buy a like new 31 liter top box? lol

Ok..you all have piqued my interest after reading all this. I have visited the website in japan. If I wanted this 45L box on my VFR1200 DCT which has nothing on top right now, exactly what parts and adapters would I need in total to get it done. The only time the box will ever come off is for shipping for a military move every 3 years. Any specific parts names and numbers would be very helpful. So glad to see theres a bigger color matched option for this amazingly fun ride.

Thanks so much

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

WELCOME Charles and yeah that's a bunch pizza carrying boxes.

Two full faced helmets and room for a couple water bottles, gloves and misc small stuff

Yea, its definitely a bigger box. I fit a lot more in mine too. Much better for carrying more stuff for longer trips. I do wish there was an easy way to swap the 45 liter and the 31 liter for shorter trips. Oh well. Maybe I'll just sell the 31 liter. Anyone want to buy a like new 31 liter top box? lol

Brian, did you sell the 31L box? And is it still red?

Thanks.

George.

• 1 month later...

Also now "available" as Silver 2010 color (Color code NH-A14M)

This is originally for new NSS300 Forza scooter !

(Same box as original VFR1200F 45L and correct 2010 Silvber color)

Honda part# 08L72-MGE-D41ZQ

You also need new adapter plate and key cylider (if not swapping from you old 31 L box).

Inner straps and mat kit available as option.

post-3431-0-22936200-1375987007.jpg

post-3431-0-66626400-1375987018.jpg

post-3431-0-04650700-1375987036.jpg

• 1 year later...

Finally after 6 weeks of taking delivery of my bike and ordering the complete top box and panniers, the boxes have arrived. The top box is the new 45 litre and looks great colour coded with the bike. Lots of storage room up top. Now I can go cruising!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For everyone's info, I gave my local powerhouse dealer a call and he was able to get them ordered through Honda USA. He said they won't ever be in the catalogue but can be ordered through their regional sales guys. I compared the prices with Ling's Honda Parts from the UK, and after shipping the cost was $18 USD cheaper to order through Lings but would take 6 weeks to arrive where my Honda guy could have them in two days. I just received them this morning and they look great in the box, hopefully they look good on the beast as well.

• Member Contributer

For everyone's info, I gave my local powerhouse dealer a call and he was able to get them ordered through Honda USA. He said they won't ever be in the catalogue but can be ordered through their regional sales guys. I compared the prices with Ling's Honda Parts from the UK, and after shipping the cost was $18 USD cheaper to order through Lings but would take 6 weeks to arrive where my Honda guy could have them in two days. I just received them this morning and they look great in the box, hopefully they look good on the beast as well.

Six weeks? Mine arrived from Ling Honda from England, UK to Florida, USA in two days! And that was regular UPS Saver last week.

I installed the rear carrier, bracket, and key cylinder (tricky) over the weekend. It fits my backpack with laptop (or two helmets) with a little room to spare. And the red paint even matches.

The instructions for the top case bracket were not included! But I found a version in Dutch (I think) that worked fine. I would not have been able to assemble it properly without the illustrations.

I still don't understand why it's not in the Honda USA catalog.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

Another VFR1200 luggage question if I may: I've been told that both the 45L and 31L top cases have their own unique mounting plate.  My question is - how difficult is it to change between the 45L and 31L top cases using the OEM rear carrier?  Is there hardware involved or is it all quick-connect?  I'd like to be able to quickly and easily choose between the two sizes dependent upon length of trip etc.

• Member Contributer

+1, also if you guys could post some pics, I would like to see some of the larger vs smaller cases on the bike, to check the aesthetics. I would like to order a set before they are discontinued, given the low bike sales numbers, and my luck (or lack thereof). Seems like every time I finally get the courage to by something I have been on the fence about for awhile, it gets discontinued, or redesigned to a lesser quality, right around the time I decide to go for it....

• 4 months later...
On 19/03/2013 at 10:14 AM, briandor said:

You have to install it yourself just like the smaller topbox was except it is included with the bigger box and you had to pay more for it with the smaller box. Very easy to install. Just drill the holes to the size specified at the spots marked on the inside of the box, peel the adhesive tape the way they tell you, then put the sucker on and peel away the rest of the tape. Probably takes all of about 5 mintues. Once you put it on you won't be able to remove it without screwing up the box since the adhesive is pretty much permanent and you'd have holes in the front of the box.

What part are you planning to paint to match the silver? The whole box or just the black part? Either way I'm not sure that I'd do it. To me I'd think it would be too much silver and would over power the looks of the bike. The box is pretty big and that would be a lot of silver.

I know this is a super old post but I'm on the verge or ordering the 08L74-MJN-D01ZG 45L Top box - Pearl Glare White for my 2014 VFR800 and wanted to confirm if that part comes with the backrest as I don't want to was money for nothing.

Thanks.

Archived