Fuel filter - 7th gen?

eastbowl2

• Member Contributer

I can't find any reference to a fuel filter in the service manual. Anybody know if it has one?

I know the current gen Wings don't have a fuel filter and I'm guessing Honda decided these bikes don't get one either. Makes no sense to me.... Hopefully I'm wrong and it's hiding in there somewhere.

• Member Contributer

I can't find any reference to a fuel filter in the service manual. Anybody know if it has one?

I know the current gen Wings don't have a fuel filter and I'm guessing Honda decided these bikes don't get one either. Makes no sense to me.... Hopefully I'm wrong and it's hiding in there somewhere.

Probably in the tank, most likely part of the fuel pump module. Pretty much every modern car(and I assume bike) does it like that now, no more external filters unless its a diesel.

The tank "sock" is on the inlet of the fuel pump. Cars have them, yes, but they also have a filter further up near the engine. Don't know about the VFR. I'll have to look into it more.

Probably the same as the 800s with the filter clamped to the fuel pump assembly inside the tank.

There is a bunch of steel wool that filters out the children and small pets at the pump inlet, then a metal bodied filter that is on the pump discharge before it exits the bottom of the tank.

• Member Contributer

The tank "sock" is on the inlet of the fuel pump. Cars have them, yes, but they also have a filter further up near the engine. Don't know about the VFR. I'll have to look into it more.

Most newer cars don't even have a filter further up, just a sock and one inside the fuel pump module that usually never gets replaced until the fuel pump takes a dump.

Archived